Chapter 6

I knelt down in the dirt crying my heart out. I thought I had cried my heart out of this situation. I thought I ran out of tears but I haven't. There's still plenty.

I hugged myself in a fetal position, rocking back and forth. I would never heal and now the wound has been cut deeper.

Now I would never forgive him for that and now I'm completely scared of him.

How could he do this to me?

I sat there crying for a long while until someone heard me- Kyle.

He silently and slowly came up to me but I heard him.
I stopped crying and wiped my tears off my face with my sleeve.

"Sorry for disturbing you" I started

"Its fine. I was actually looking for you"

I looked at him with a quizzical look.

"What you mean you were looking for me?"

"Your parents became very worried. They were freaking out about you freaking out"

"Oh"

My parents were still worried there would be another after effect of the medicine. I took it once in a while when I became too jumpy, but I was told to stop, so I did.

I could feel I was slowly becoming worse but doctor said it would take time to get over such a trauma so we wait until I lash out again and I can feel it coming.

"Are you alright? Your parents seem very jumpy"

I looked at him and inspected him.

Could I trust him? He seemed reasonably nice. But who knew what could happen.

"I'm fine" I replied.

I got up and dusted myself off.

"I'll led you back to camp"

"Thanks"
I followed him silently back to camp. He seemed to know the forest quiet well.

It would take time to get over my shock. I never expected Carlton to ever do that to me and I was going to make him pay.

I got back to camp and found my father pacing the camp fire set up.
He saw me and look of relief washed over him.
He ran over to me and I hugged him and he embraced.

I'm not sure what I would do without him.
He led me to the main building and told Kyle thanks for finding me.

In the building was Ms. Wright and my mother talking.
I stopped dead in my tracks.

Oh boy.

Near by Marion and Claire sat together watching with worried faces.

This was not good.

"I'm a grown woman and she has no right to hit me down like a dog!"

My anger got ignited.

"You have no right to accuse me of something I didn't do especially when you don't care!"

She glared at me and glared right back.

I was a dormant volcano ready to explode.

"Yo-"

"I did you favour and you decide to hit me and tell some bullshit about cheating with your ex-husband when I did no such thing!"

She became silent.