Chapter 10

We sat outside the church, in the church yard, on a bench, under a tree.

I was shaking like a leave in Kyle's arms. Not just for what I just did but also that this deja vu.
I was reminded how I had been Carlton's arms, shaking like a leave.
The ambulance was on its way to take the girl to the hospital while the church tried to calm down.
People were leaving not willing to stay after that.

The hearse was also on its way so we could bury my father.

Moments passed by until someone came out the church. Marion.

He came right over to us.
Now he was a complete disaster. His eyes were blood shot, his hair was ruffled and sticking in all directions. His face was marked with dry tears and worse of all, he was angry.

He glared me down and I glared back at him, my shaking stopping immediately.

"What was that, Marian!?"

Was he serious? Blaming me?
Another death wish I see.

I sat up and looked at him.

"Are you actually blaming me?"

"Who else am I blaming?"

I shot up and walked over to him. He suddenly seemed scared and started backing away.

"I can't believe you" I growled. "I'm under a lot of pressure, trying to control myself-"

"That was some control" he gained back his confidence.

I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm controlling myself while you pussies are crying and screaming like banshees!"

He was taken back for a moment then he retaliated.

"Yeah, while you're acting like a robot, we're acting like humans!"

"Acting like a robot so I don't hurt anyone!"

"Hurt anyone but yourself! That was all your fault! Don't blame it on anyone!"

"Who said I blaming it on anyone!"

"Blaming people for something they didn't do! Then finding a way saying they are giving you pity!"

I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I'm blaming no one! No one controls what happens! That's their business if they have pity!"

"Yes that's true! But still you're blaming everyone, when you need to blame yourself! You need to control yourself and not other people!"

"I'm controlling no one but me! No one helps me and I have to do it all by myself!"
Then on a calmer tone,

"What am I blaming other people for, Marion? Should I really blame myself? Should I really blame myself for getting raped? Is it really my fault?"
I glared him down.

"Do you really think I wanted to get raped!?"

Realization hit him in the face.

"That's not what I meant"

"Oh really? That's the impression I got! That I should control myself so I don't arouse men! That I should not socialize and be myself and sulk like a human being!"

I stepped closer to him.

"My father told me that I need to be strong and move on. Don't let it bring me down! I'm tired of you people treating me this way! I'm not something small and fragile and I can take care if myself!"