Chapter 3: How I Fell for Him

"During my first heat," Rainbow said, "Firestar teased me a bunch of times. Usually pretty subtle stuff. He didn't actually pick on me, though. He knew I was uncomfortable. No, his teasing was more of the stuff that would seem accidental, but would leave me flustered."

Firestar

Rainbow and I were hanging out. It'd been a week since she'd gotten her Cutie Mark, and her heat was firing on all pistons. I was the ADHD pony, here, and she fidgeted more than I do when I forget to take my Ritalin, for Celestia's sake!

Knowing she was extremely uncomfortable with her "condition," I never gave her a hard time. I had followed her dad's advice, though; I'd gotten her lunch every other day, for example. Nothing romantic, though. Just a hayburger and fries, or a sandwich. Occasionally, we'd share an apple pie, for dessert.

One time, a major flustering opportunity came, and I took it. I'd accidentally dropped a notebook I'd been carrying. "Oops." I bent down, making sure that, should she look, Dash could admire my physique. Especially the back part. Oh, it was subtle. I didn't make it obvious. It would just seem like I was picking the notebook up, rather than also trying to give her a good view.

When I came back up, Rainbow's face was red. "You okay?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

"Y-Yeah." She replied.

"Okay."

We started walking. At one point, I felt something hit my rump. I heard Rainbow gasp as I looked back. I caught her tail moving back behind her. Rainbow's face was bright red. "I-I'm sorry!" She exclaimed. "It-It's the heat!"

"I know." I replied, feeling my own face warm up. "Got a bad spike, huh?"

"Y-Yeah. I can't think straight, when they hit." She said. "Suddenly, things I'd never even consider... I just do them! My mind goes to the gutter with almost everything I see or hear. I can't help it!"

"And that's exactly why you're completely forgiven." I said. I smirked. "For now." I teased.

She smiled seductively. "What, you gonna punish me, big colt?" She asked sultrily. Then, she gasped. Both of us went red.

"Not-Not likely!" I replied, both embarrassed and amused.

We both started chuckling, both amused and venting our embarrassment.

When we finished laughing, she pressed herself up to me. "I'm glad we're friends, Fire." She said, nuzzling my neck.

"U-Um... thanks." I stammered. "Ehm... Rainbow? You're not the only one feeling a bit awkward, here."

A gasp, and the air on my side, told me that she'd realized what she was doing.

"But, for the record," I continued, "I'm glad, too." We shared a quick smile, and went on with our day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash

My heat had finally ended. Yesterday, I hadn't had any heat-spikes. The month of torture was over, thank Celestia.

I found myself thinking back to the times Firestar and I had hung out. The awkward moments, the great times. But mostly, I about thought Firestar himself.

His endless forgiveness of my heat-induced temptings, his patience, and his complete self-control. He never gave in, even though (and I know this for a fact) some of it definitely aroused him. And, through it all, he never once even considered the idea of hanging out with me less. I was grateful beyond words. He'd kept me from doing anything stupid, even with him, and he'd stuck with me, despite what I'd unintentionally put him through.