Chapter 7: Meeting Her Friends

Firestar

I stepped off the train in Ponyville's station, and breathed in the crisp, mid-day air. I looked around, seeing nothing but a whole lot of unfamiliar ponies greeting each other warmly. Positivity abound.

I picked up my stuff, completed all of the necessary procedures with the station's personnel, and walked out into the town.

"Firestar!" A familiar voice called out my name.

I turned just in time to see rainbow-colored blur crash into me. "Oof!"

I was squished into the ground by a monstrous hug. "You made it!"

I chuckled. "Well, I almost didn't. There was this really neat-looking house over in Zebrica..." I teased, making something up. I awaited the friendly punch that was her response.

"Shut up, you big doofus!" Rainbow said, chuckling.

We untangled ourselves and got up. "So," I began, "since you're here, want to help carry my stuff?"

"Sure!" We picked up my things, and set off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we'd dropped my various things off at my new home, Rainbow dragged me over the the town's library. It'd been rebuilt, since Tirek had destroyed it, though the castle next to it remained. When we entered, it was dark.

"Um..." I said, "I don't think anypony's-"

"SURPRISE!!!" A whole lot of ponies suddenly sprung into existence around the room, as the lights came on.

"Woah!" I jumped.

Rainbow laughed. "Yeah, that's we do it, in Ponyville! Welcome, newcomer!"

A pink mare bounced - and I mean that literally - over to me. "Hiya!" She exclaimed. "I'm Pinkie Pie! You're Firestar, right?" Without waiting for me to even nod my head, she continued in her rapid-fire pace. "Great! This is your 'Welcome to Ponyville!' surprise party! So, were you surprised? Were you? Were you? Were you?"

"Uh-Y-Yeah!" I stammered, trying (and failing) to will my heartbeat down an acceptable level.

"Great!" She exclaimed. "There's punch, cupcakes, hot sauce, and flowers, if you want anything! Have fun!"

"Um... Okay!" I replied, but she was already gone. I turned to Rainbow. "You weren't kidding, when you said hyper."

She chuckled. "Oh, you have no idea. She's always like that. It's weird, but she grows on you."

An orange mare in a stetson trotted up. "Mighty pleased ta meet ya, pardner." She said, extending a hoof. "Ah'm Applejack."

We shook. "Pleasure's all mine." I replied. "How's the farm coming?" I asked her, recalling what Rainbow had said about the farmer pony.

"Pretty good, thanks." She smiled. "Ah brought some apples, and there's cider, if ya want any."

"Hard?" I asked.

"Nah, sorry."

"Don't be. I don't drink, actually. But I do love me a good cup of soft apple cider."

"Well, you've come to the right town, then!" Applejack replied. "Best apples and apple cider in Equestria, right from the local Sweet Apple Acres farm!"

"Awesome!"

"Hey, Applejack," Rainbow said, "how's Applebloom doing?"

"She's at home. The school gave her more work than she could get done, in class."