3

"If anyone has an idea, feel free to say it now." Kai spoke, breaking the silence once more. He glanced back at me then Stefan, who remained quiet.

Kai sighed, resting his head on the seat and ran his hands down his face. "Well this is great."

"I've already told Valerie what happened." Stefan said, sparing him a look. "She said that she would try to persuade Klaus."

"If I was Klaus and I knew my brother's love was in a position to become single again, then I'd call up Reyna myself."

"Don't say that." I told Kai and he shrugged.

"It's the truth." He spat harshly. I frowned and he let out a deep sigh. "She's never going to stop chasing us Stefan, so why bother running?"

"Kai." I hissed and Stefan just shook his head.

He turned around to look at me, as if I was crazy. "It's the truth."

The car fell silent for a couple of minutes. I looked down at Grayson and cradled him closer to my chest, planting a kiss on his cheek.

The silence was interrupted with a loud noise coming from behind us, everyone sat up straighter and turned their head back. There was a car, with its lights blared, catching up to us.

"Is that-"

"Rayna." Stefan finished for me, putting his focus back on the road in front and I felt the car moving much quicker down the road.

Kai ran his hand down his face and sent Grayson and i a glance, before he looked at Stefan. "Stefan pull over."

Stefan gave him a look as if he was insane. "What?"

"So Riley and Grayson can get out."

"What?" Stefan and I said at the same time. Kai looked at me.

"I'm not letting you or Grayson die because of me." He said. "You two aren't what she's after."

"Kai, I'm not leaving you."

"And I'm not letting you two die, this is my problem to clean up by myself." He told me. "It's selfish to put Grayson's life at risk because of me."

"But Kai-"

"Stefan pull over." Kai snapped, Stefan looked at me through the window. I stared in disbelief, feeling a tear fall down my cheek.

Stefan sighed and took a sharp right corner, letting the car behind us drive straight up the turning to give us some extra time. He parked up in a side road and all eyes fell on me.

"Ri, get out."

"I'm not leaving you."

Kai huffed and got out of the car himself, walking around to my side. Before I had time to put on the lock, the door was opened. "Kai, stop it!" I fought against him, but with Grayson in my arms and him being so much stronger, my protests were poor.

Kai scooped me into his arms and set me down onto the pavement. "We don't have time for this." He said, shaking his head.