Chapter 3

June’s Pov

The tree outside my window never failed to have an eager bird sitting on one of its branches in the morning, chirping gleefully at the sunlight pouring down on it. And this never failed to rouse me from my sleep, putting me in an almost horribly grouchy mood.

As I sat up in the bed, glaring towards my white framed window.  The sheer white curtains making the tree outside visible to me, rays of light making their way into my room between the leaves and the branches. All of this making light shapes on the light hardwood floors on my bedroom.

I threw off the white, down comforter that covered my body. My feet came down onto the cold feeling of the floor and I stretched my arms above my head. I yawned slightly before stepping closer to the full length mirror that hid my closet behind them.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying my best to tame the wild strands that stuck out everywhere. I sighed, my attempts only partially worked.

Even though the weather wasn’t very hot, my parents still liked to crank up the air conditioner as if we lived in the middle of the desert. This made my house ridiculously freezing, and currently I was wearing a black tank top and some blue and green plaid pajamas short.

I opened my wardrobe and pulled out a simple black zip up hoodie and slipped my arms into it, welcoming its soft fleece insides over my arms.

Now feeling more prepared to leave my room, I headed towards the clean, white door that lead into the upstairs hallway of my house. I turned left and headed down the stairs and walked towards the kitchen.

Both of my parents were sitting at the breakfast bar discussing some random things. My dad reading the newspaper as he sipped his coffee and my mum eating a fruit as she looked at a spreadsheet on her computer screen.

The sounds of my footstep hitting the cold caused them to turn around and look at me, ‘’Good morning June.’’ My dad said, placing his newspaper on the marble counter, his eyes following my every move as I moved towards the stainless steel fridge.

‘’Morning.’’ I mumbled, as I pulled open the door, and grabbed the bottle of orange juice out.

I filled my glass with orange juice and took a swig of it, I frowned a little as I stared at the surface of the juice, feeling as if I was missing something.

Ice cubes. I always put ice cubes in my juice; I turned and opened the drawer to my fridge, grabbing some ice cubes to lightly put in my juice.

‘’I still don’t know where you got putting ice cubes in juice from.’’ My mom said as I walked to the other side of the breakfast bar, leaning on the marble counter with my elbows.

I shrugged lightly, taking another drink from it. ‘’Eleanor does it. Probably her.’’ I replied as my mom shook her head.

A silence fell upon the three of us. I sigh, I didn’t really want to stay in silence, but I couldn’t really take anything but water into my room.

The silence of my house was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. All three of our heads moved towards where the front door was. My mom got up, ‘’I’ll get it.’’ She said before walking off towards the front of the house.

Eleanor hugged my mom and trudged in and tugged at my hand causing me to jump off the chair. She started to drag me towards my bedroom, ‘’what are you doing?!” I asked her.

‘’We’re going to put you into some decent clothes.’’ She stated. ‘’Why?” I questioned. ‘’Because you’re going to meet Louis.’’ She told me.

Louis was her boyfriend of three months, I’ve heard about him a lot since Eleanor would tell me about how he would take her to some fancy restaurant, and she would often tell me some of the jokes he told would tell her.