✿Chapter 7: New Home

Narrator POV

About a week after Momo's concert, she had been all over the news for her recent appearance at the beach. Shintaro had told the group that because of this, Momo had been asked to appear live in other places, which could mean the whole Mekakushi Dan could end up going on a world tour with her! She has also been payed in advance

For now, though, Shintaro and Momo want to spend the money recently made towards a new place for the whole Dan. Everyone had been saving up to be able to do so, and with the money Momo and Shintaro made, it was now possible. When they told Kido this, Kido planned to look at a place Kano recommended right away.

Kido POV 

I woke up to the smell of bacon wafting from the kitchen into my bedroom. Mary must have started breakfast, which means I probably woke up late. I looked at my clock and was surprised to see that it was only 7:34, and breakfast usually starts at 8. I get to work at 8:30, so I usually never have time to have breakfast with everyone. After work today, I was going to meet up with Kano at this one place he saw was for sale. 

My stomach grumbled, and I was glad no one heard it. I brushed my hair, put on my work clothes and quickly headed towards the kitchen.

The smell of bacon became stronger, and I also smelled coffee. Seto and Mary were in the kitchen, talking about something that caught my attention.

"You've been thinking about that a lot lately, haven't you?" Seto said, laughing.

"Seto, your eyes-" I heard Mary say before Seto shushed her. I walked in and looked at Seto, but his eyes seemed fine. He smiled.

"Kido, we made some coffee just for you. Everyone except you and I have a day off today, so let's do a good job at work!"

I pretended to not have heard anything suspicious just now, and I accepted the mug of coffee Seto poured for me. I drank it without putting anything in it, which was the way I liked it. Seto on the other hand, put a crap ton of coffee creamer until he felt satisfied with the taste.

"Thank you for starting breakfast," I told Mary. 

"No problem! I figured you should have a good breakfast today since you won't be back home until later." I smiled at her kindness. "Anyway, breakfast is done! can you guys call everyone here to eat?" Seto and I nodded and gathered everyone into the kitchen to eat.

---

"I'll see you guys later!" I hollered from the entrance door. Everyone said they're goodbyes, and I headed to work.

I had a lot of things running through my mind. Seto had been using his powers a lot lately, and to be frank, it's weird. He's never liked using it. 

And he probably knows that Kano and I are dating. We've kept it a secret from everyone and decided to announce it until after we move to a new place. It'll just make living with them more hectic than it should be. But can I really hide that kind of secret from a mind reader? 

And, of course, Kano had definitely been on my mind. Because us dating is a secret, we only do small things like hold hands under the table, or sit next to each other on the couch when watching TV. It honestly has been so nice having Kano do small things like that. He teases me now and then as well, but I don't think there's any way to stop that.

I have been thinking about all this while working, so I was bound to make some mistakes here and there. And just now, I made a pretty big mistake.

"Oi, did you not hear me? I asked if you guys have daoko's newest album here," said a guy who seemed to be about my age. I ignored him by accident, but that doesn't mean he could talk to me like that. I sighed and apologized.