✿Chapter 1: Lies?

Narrator POV

5 years have passed since the heat haze was a threat. Nowadays, everyone was safe from it, causing no harm to people anymore.

It was October, and Friday the 13th, too. It was raining outside. The Mekakushi Dan were all in the HQ, and they were watching a scary movie, a movie Momo had suggested since it was her turn this week to choose. There was a big couch in the main room, where 6 people could be seated. It was Kido, then Kano, Seto, Mary, Momo and Hiyori.

Shintaro, Konoha, and Hibiya were on the ground, only because Momo and Hiyori made them.

"Let the girls sit on the couch," they both had said.

"But what about Seto and Kano?" Shintaro complained.

"Well, Seto is already girly-like, and-"

"Heeeey!" Seto interrupted Hiyori. Hiyori giggled. "And Kano is Kano. He's his own species, which is accepted." Momo chimed in. Kido chuckled.

30 min. later-

"Eeeeeek!" Mary screamed for the 5th time already, making everyone scream as well.

"Mary, quit screaming! It's not even at the scary part yet," Shintaro complained.

"S-sorry. It just looks very creepy." Stuttered Mary.

"Shh, this is my favorite part," Momo said in a disturbing yet cheery tone. They all became quiet and continued watching the TV.

In the movie, there was a woman at a deserted park. She used her cellphone as a flashlight, and was using it to look for her lost dog, who ran away from her while they were having a walk around the neighborhood because lightning had struck, making the dog scared.

Kano POV

I was completely trying to ignore the movie. I'd rather watch a comedy or something. But this week was Momo's turn in what movie to watch, and I had nothing better to do. I looked over at Kido, who was sitting next to me. She looked petrified.

I chuckled. I don't know why, but I like that face. I guess I'm just a messed up teen who likes to see people scared. I looked back at the movie and saw that a scary part was going to happen. I suddenly had an idea.

There was dramatic music in the background, and everyone was tense. I slowly put my arm around Kido, and right when someone was getting killed, I gently poked her back, and she screamed a feminine scream, which surprised me and the rest of the group. I yelled, and so did the others.

Narrator POV

"Oof!" Kido elbowed Kano on the ribs, making him fall off the couch and curl in a ball. He looked up at her, and she looked super pissed.

"I-idiot!" She hollered. She then used her powers and turned invisible. She ran towards the door and slammed it shut as she put her hoodie on and ran towards the rain. She was close tears, but no one seemed to notice.

"Kano, what did you do?" Seto asked disappointingly.

"Ah, what makes you think it was me, dear brother?" Kano asked innocently while holding his stomach. He didn't show it, but Kido had hit him pretty hard.

Seto stayed silent, but then stood up and headed towards his room. "Go look for her," was all he said, and then he left.

The others did the same. Momo and Hiyori gave Kano a cold stare. Shintaro and Momo headed towards the door, along with Ene, of course, who seemed to be oddly silent, and Mary headed to Seto's room, her motives unknown. Konoha grabbed Hibiya and Hiyori by their shirt and silently walked towards their own rooms. Hibiya seemed to be traumatized, and Hiyori seemed to have fallen insane. She kept mumbling something about blood and thunder.