1. John

"When does your mum even come home? Isn't she supposed to be home from work now?" John pointed out, as we laid, sprawled out on my satin sheets, listening to whatever played through the radio.

I sat straight up as I soon heard a familiar door slam downstairs, and a feminine holler coming through the kitchen. A clang soon came after, which was probably my mother throwing her keys down on the countertops.

"Shit." I spoke through my teeth, eyes trailing up to the man I knew I was about to get caught with by my mother.

She would absolutely go insane if she saw me hanging around with John, her-already-fueled hatred towards teddy boys would drive her over the edge with him. She thought they were all indecent, condescending twats that couldn't be trusted alone for one minute. And the way he traipsed around Liverpool, carrying around a bad reputation didn't help either; everyone knew him or knew about him.

"Hide in the closet." I whispered harshly, my finger directly pointing towards it.

I could feel a solid lump in my throat from the moment. Steps neared my door. The clacks of my mothers heels became more evident as every second passed. I screwed my eyes shut, waiting for the tragic moment to come. I would never be able to see John again after she finds out.

"Darling, I'm home." A voice flooded into my room, her heels clacking on the hardwood floors. "Are you ok?"

I exhaled the breath I'd been holding for god knows how long, slowly opening my eyes to see my mother now in front of me. John was nowhere near and my mother wasn't beat red, shrilling at the top of her lungs.

I combed a hand through my hair, tugging slightly at the ends anxiously.

"Yes, just fine." I nodded, trying my hardest to not sound flustered. My gaze then drifted away from my mother, towards the closet which I presumed John resided in.

Sure enough, I saw the faint outline of a figure standing there through the slits of the closet doors.

"Ok, well I ought to prepare dinner. I'm making pot roast, it should be done in an hour or two. And if you have any homework, you should do it now so you aren't scrambling to get it done like you did yesterday." She raised her eyebrows at me silently accusing me for my procrastinating tendencies, before turning on her heel and walking back to the kitchen.

After checking to see if she was out of sight, I locked the door, ensuring that we wouldn't be caught.

"John, it's ok to come out now."

The closet door opened to reveal him smirking slightly. "That was close."

"You think? We probably need to quit hanging around my house- John, what are you holding?" I cut myself off, cocking my head at the boy who still held a prominent smirk appearing on his face, his hands behind his back.

"I've never seen you wear this." He held up a black satin, half-lacy night gown from the back of my closet. "What a shame. Hopefully it'll make an appearance soon." He winked.

"Knock it off Lennon, I wear it to bed. You're so perverted." I slapped him lightly on the arm before taking the article of clothing from his hands.

"Only for you, my love."

"Oh, that's so kind and generous. You take chivalry to the next level." I beamed at him, sitting back on my bed.

"You know it. Anyway, could I have pot roast with your family tonight? Mimi probably is cooking something shit." He laughed slightly, grasping my hand softly, tracing circles on the back of it. "I wish we could." He spoke so low, I could barely detect what he'd said.

"I do too, Johnny. All in good time, I suppose." I sighed.

"I don't care if they'll fucking hate it and hate us. They will have to get over it when I marry you." He shook his head slightly before locking his eyes on me.

"You want to marry me?" I hummed, resting my head in his lap, looking up at him through his glasses. "Since when?"

" 'Bout a month ago." He gently spoke, softly caressing my face and running his hands through my thick hair. "You'd make a beautiful bride, you know?"

"As you would a husband. I could imagine you looking dapper in a suit." I smiled endearingly, imagining the thought. "You clean up well."

John leaned down, pecking me on the lips. "God, I'm so in love with you."

"As am I." My lips met with his, slowly savoring each moment with the love of my life.

~
A.N: If there's any mistakes please let me know so I can fix them :). Hope you enjoy.