23. George [requested]

"I brought you something." George's voice announced as he peaked his head through the doors of the bungalow. I involuntarily jumped at his voice, not expecting for him to be back so soon.

I turned around from the vanity doors to see George holding with hands behind his back. I gave him a sincere smile, before meeting him halfway.

"You got an axe behind there?" I laughed before wondering what he really had brought me.

He shook his head at my humor before unveiling what he had behind his back.

"Now why would I want to kill the woman I just married?" He hummed in question, before a large, playful smile broke out on his face, which revealed his pearly teeth. "I brought you a lotus flower."

"How beautiful." I took the foreign flower into my own hands, and examined the pink tinted petals which were pointed at the ends. Somehow I knew in the back of my mind I knew he would get me a flower, since he knew I loved anything nature related; just like he did. It was a stunning, little thing too; you would not find a flower like that one back in Britain.

"I brought it because I felt bloody awful that I went with the guys to look around the place instead of being with you." He looked down to his feet momentarily, before looking back at me with an apologetic look in his eyes.

"Oh, I didn't mind at all, love." I replied with the truth, before I snaked my arm around his waist and gave him a peck on his lips. He looked at me in silent disbelief, so to deny his doubts I chimed in once again. "Honestly."

"How about we go look around the place?" He proposed the plan as if he hadn't just walked around in the beating sun for hours. I could only guess that he felt bad and wanted to make it up to me. "I could show you around before the group meditation."

"You just looked around, though. What more is there to look around at?"

I retorted, before I turned around to set the flower on the bed. As soon as I bent over, his arms snaked around my hips and pulled me into him. I gasped at the contact, completely off-guard of the cheeky move he pulled.

"I think we need to do something like go for a walk, because I don't think I can handle myself if we're alone in this ro-"

"Well, I see the honeymooners are being naughty." We both whipped around in our spots faster than light to see John, who let himself in on his own accord, leaning against the wall. He wagged a finger at us, before saying," Naughty, naughty children...Anyway, Maharishi postponed the meditation session so we're just going to eat dinner now...that is if you haven't already had yours, Harrison."

My cheeks burned with embarrassment,as he winked at me. I stared at the ground, unable to look at the either of them. I pursed my lips together and waited for George to reply to end the fatal tension in the room. At least the meditation was canceled though, because I didn't think that I could clear my mind after what'd just happened.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll be out in a second." I didn't look up until the door had been shut, and when I did, I saw his face was as red as mine.

"Want to skip out on dinner?" He questioned.

I nodded my head furiously in response.

~

The sun was raised high in the cloudless orange sky, and the heat rained down on us. The warm, thick air blanketed as George and I explored India. Although the heat was almost unbearable, I continued to walk for I did not want to miss out an opportunity to look around. It was a tropical place, filled with color and optimism; the opposite of how it was back in Britain. The place we were all staying at was very beautiful in particular, and it was surrounded by magnificent, exotic plants. All in all, I could see why George wanted to go here.

"Isn't it beautiful?" George asked semi-rhetorically, looking at the thick greenery that surrounded the gravel path we followed.

"Absolutely." I nodded in agreement, before adjusting my sunglasses further up my nose in order to block out the brightness.

I looked over to the left of me to see a large bush filled with these large, purple flowers which I'd never seen before. For fun, I picked the prettiest one I saw, and twirled it in my hands until I put it in George's hair. I almost wished I had my Polaroid camera with me, because it was definitely a sight worth taking a photo of.

"Am I pretty now?" He jokingly asked for validation, fluttering his long eyelashes at me.

"I suppose. You still look a little funny though." I teased, before I felt his arm pull me closer to him. His warm lips then pecked me on the forehead. I  leaned into his touch and smiled to myself; there was no place I'd rather be.

"I look funny to you, huh?" He played along.

"Yeah, you've kind of got a goofy appearance."

"You're hilarious." He deadpanned. He wasn't able to remain stoic for long however, because soon enough, he cracked and began to laugh.

I ended up with a huge grin on me face as I studied how his eyes crinkled in the corners and the way he sounded when he giggled.

I sighed in content, feeling as though we were destined for each other. I truly believed that I could never love anybody as I loved the shaggy haired man next to me. I looked up into the cloudless sky which seemed to stretch on forever, and felt grateful. How weird was it that something as small as us found each other on a planet so big?

We ended up staying out until the sun started to set, and decided it was best to turn back. The trees towered high above us, and they swayed as the tropical warm breeze blew. I almost felt as though they were saying goodbye as the walked away.

Me and George walked hand in hand, towards the bungalows. Although I didn't really want to leave, my legs were completely sore from walking, and my stomach was growling. George ended up carrying me bridal style after a while, because he couldn't stand the fact that I was in pain.

Eventually, we made it back.

The boys and their wives were all waiting for us when we got back, and we all decided to congregate in Paul's bungalow. From there, we all decided to play a game of cards and drink a cup of tea. It was a perfect end to the perfect day as I cuddled in closer to George while he mindlessly ran his hands through my hair.

I loved him so much my heart hurt, and couldn't wait to conquer adventures with him for the rest of my life.