4. George

"You know I leave tomorrow for Hamburg, right?" George spoke, glancing at me.

He hovered close to me, tucking me into his jacket with him whilst we sat, staring into the unknown, frigid night.

I masked my feelings, timid to respond to him. I couldn't make him feel upset, after all, he was excited at the idea of going somewhere with the band.

"I know, Geo. But be excited, your band will get all famous and shite, and you'll make it big time, I know it. And I can say that I have had the honor of knowing all of you."

George huffed in response, clearly not wanting to take my word for it. He brushed unruly brown strands away from his face that weren't already slicked back like the rest of his hair had been. However, it fell right back into place. So I lifted my partially-shaking hands up to brush it to the side. All of him was now exposed to me as he looked at me with vulnerable eyes, letting down his guard that's he'd poorly built. I saw his handsome features which glistened beneath the cratered moon and every ounce of his raw emotion which lay within my hands.

He was truly a masterpiece.

"But what about us? I don't wanna go without you along side me. I could care less about my bandmates, I could live without them. The only person I care about is you. You're the person I can't live without. I love you." He pointed out hardly, raising his voice gradually as he neared the end of it.

I could feel his heart accelerate against me, thumping very prominently as we sat. He hugged me even closer to him, any proximity between us diminished.

My instincts told me to cry out, tell him to never leave and to stay with me, but that would be selfish. He couldn't waste such talent on an average girl from Liverpool.  I wouldn't allow for it to happen, I wouldn't stand in the middle of it. George deserved something amazing in his life and as much as he thought I was, I wasn't amazing.

I closed my eyes, taking in a few breaths that burned my lungs, and inevitably let a few tears fall from my face and onto his leather jacket. The brisk air was seemingly more cold now, proving it to be true as a gust of wind lashed at the both of us.

"I love you so much, but I think you should go. You're so close, you can't turn around now." I whispered so quietly, I was afraid he wouldn't have heard me. However, his gaze was soon directed on me, giving me the feeling that he had indeed heard me.

He kissed the top of my forehead, before wiping my tears off with the pad of his callused thumb. The feeling of his touch relaxed me, calming my nerves for the slightest of moments.

How could one person affect me this much?

"I know, I know." He responded softly, brown eyes that now were piercing into me now pierced into the night.

I could tell that wasn't the only thing he wanted to say, judging the conflicted expression that was etched on his face. However, he didn't act upon himself to say anything, just left the conversation with a heavy heart. As did I.

A solemn silence traveled throughout the night for a while, tension and unspoken words weighing heavily on us both. The stars seemed a bit duller to me, the familiar glow they emitted was lacking. Even the moon looked stand-offish in that moment and soon clouds engulfed it whole.

The only light I could now see, was the distant orbs hanging in the sky and George's freshly lit cigarette.

"Come with me." George exclamed suddenly, his lanky posture now sitting upright. His voice partially startled me as he eagerly found an idea. "Come to Hamburg."

I sighed once again,"It's more complicated with that. My parents wouldn't let me go an-"

"Run away then." He cut me off, with a strange glint in his eyes.

I soon grew frustrated with him. He didn't understand that I couldn't upright and leave. I had a life here, family here. Not to mention what they'd do if I did run away. Surely they'd catch me before I even hopped on a morning train.

George noticed the apprehension in my eyes, immediately speaking, "Leave them a note before you leave. Say you're running off with some bloke to the U.S or some fuckin' shite, I don't know."

"I can't do that." I shook my head vigorously, furrowing my eyebrows. "I love them, I can't do that to them."

"It's not like you're never coming back." He dead panned.

He has a point.

"What about school, hm? Expect me to just drop out?" I crossed my arms over my chest, slightly frustrated at his childish behavior.

"You're smart enough to get any job you want, high school diploma or not. Plus, none of the stuff we're learning, we will never use, I know it. And once the band gets famous you can cruise alongside me."

I thought about it for a moment, the thought of leaving sounding more appealing. It's not like I hadn't thought about it before, but it just seemed ludicrous at the time. I hadn't really lived much either as one should, I colored inside the lines, resides within the fences. I had just remained average, never really did anything wild, I usually maintained the rules that were given to me. This could be my only chance to do something crazy, I didn't want to die as average.

Plus, he was it for me, after him I wouldn't find anybody else. George was a once in a lifetime opportunity, I couldn't  just walk away from that. He is the one I want to spend my every waking day and night with until the day I die. He is my forever.

"What if we get into a fight and break up?" I spoke hypothetically, my eyes searching his, even though I'd already lost the fight.

"I love you too much to let that happen." He embraced me once more, traces of his cologne lingering. "Please don't let me be alone." He whispered in my ear.

"I don't think I coul-"

Before I could finish my sentence he abruptly cut me off with a chaste kiss to the lips.

"A wise man once said: Don't think, do." His hand reached up to my face, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

My mind spoke for me, before I could think it over.

"I'll go." I whispered faintly, nodding my head in the process.

"Really?" George's eyes widened, an astonished look wiping over his face. His hand now lay limp on my face, mouth wide open, as he searched my face for any trace of a joking manner.

I however wasn't joking.

"Yes, now let's go get my stuff gathered before I change my mind."

~
A.N: Sorry this sucks...

Sorry if there were any mistakes.