➳ 36 // Do I Wanna Know?

chapter song: Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

"Do I wanna know? If this feeling floats both ways?"

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

#Ana's POV#

It was very quiet as we all sat roughly around the fire where Carol was currently cooking some breakfast. I was sat next to Carl, with Moony between us, eating it too. Andrea was sharpening her knife a few seats away from us, while Lori and Dad sat next to Carl. I could see Daryl sat on a chair on the other side of the "circle", his eyes either focused on his plate, or exchanging cold glares with mine.

I could see Glenn looking over at the house, his eyes meeting Maggie's as she shook her head, her arms across her chest. His eyes then met Dale's before they met mine, as we both nodded, encouraging him to speak up. He stood up, his hands in his jean pockets as he made his way to the front of the group.

"Hm, guys. So..." He stopped for a second as everyone kept eating, not paying too much attention "The barn's full of walkers" He finally spilled.

Everyone turned their face to Glenn's, confusion filling their gazes.

➳➳➳

We were now facing the barn as Shane got closer, peeking through the wall to take a look at the walkers inside it.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this" He said, aggressively pacing back to the group.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here, this isn't our land" Dad said, making Andrea scoff and making me roll my eyes at how much this girl scoffs.

"Oh god, this is our lives man!" Shane almost screamed, causing people to shush him.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug" Andrea said.

"We either gotta go in there, we gotta make things right, or we just gotta go. Now, we have been talking about Fort Benning for a lon-" Shane said, causing Carl to hold my arm closer at the idea of leaving this place, but was interrupted by dad.

"We can't go!" he said.

"Why Rick, why?" Shane asked.

"'Cause my daughter's still out there" Carol said, calmly but with a hint of a surprising assertiveness in her voice.

Shane chuckled and brought his hands to his face taking deep breaths.

"I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility" he said, causing everyone to disagree and start to mumble with each other.

"Shane, we're not leaving Sophia behind" Dad stepped closer to him.

"I'm close to finding this girl; I just found her damn doll two days ago" Daryl protested, causing me to catch his eyes for a split second before I quickly looked away, still annoyed at his behavior this past few days.

"You found her doll Daryl, that's what you did, you found a doll" Shane said, causing Daryl to storm after a few seconds of silence.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking 'bout!" He screamed, pacing towards Shane as Dad trying getting in between.

"You gotta say what needs to be said, you know?! You get a good lead in the first 48 hours a-" He said, as dad interrupted him.

"Shane, stop" dad said, as Shane turned to Daryl and put his chin up and his sarcastic grin on before speaking.

"Let me tell you something else" He said, screaming "If she was alive out there and saw you comin' with your buck knife, your geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!"