➳ 56 // Where Did The Party Go

chapter song: Where Did The Party Go by Fall Out Boy

"my old aches become new again"

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

#Ana's POV#

As soon as morning came we were ready to go in and clean the outside yard. My legs were starting to tingle from all the running from the day before the adrenaline always being to high for me to experience the amounts of pain, but in the end it does kick in but we had been pushing through almost every day and today would be the same.

The plan is pretty much the same as we did to get to the yard and as we use to get in the houses, it requires us being a close unit as we walk into the yard as the others stay outside to get the other walkers attraction. This time the group going in would be bigger; this time it was me, dad, Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie, James and Nina while the others were by the fences ready to start yelling at the walkers.

Once dad opened up the gates we all started moving close together killing the walkers by our ends, Hershel quickly shutting the gate after we were all inside as they started to shout at the walkers to get their attention. Since guns could not be used due to our very low ammo we were using mostly cutting objects and long knives so this gave me the time to use my own knives along with ones with bigger blades so I wouldn't have to get so close to kill a walker.

We kept moving staying as close as we could, T-Dog breaking our group as he went to pick up a discard guard shield that he held up as we kept moving. Maggie also broke from the group as dad shouted her name when she went to kill a walker that T-Dog had knocked down with the shield.

We kept walking and as we turned the corner dad's back quickly met the wall as he cursed and called us close to him. As I looked past dad walkers with riot gear came into our view some taking notice of us as they groaned. Daryl went forward shooting an arrow that was sent back as it hit the face mask of the guard making me want to facepalm at the wasted arrow on the obvious fail. The other took notice of us, one coming out with a gas face mask from the other door next to us.

Everyone tried to hit them but they wouldn't budge their bodies also quite heavy to even more, I looked around seeing Nina and James taking two of them also struggling to get them away when dad called out Daryl's name. They both ran to the gate where lots of walkers where starting to show up, clearly startled by the noise of our kills and it was then Maggie pulled up the face mask from one of the guards and pierced him trough his jaw and upwards, the body dropping dead on the floor.

"See that?" she said with a massive smile on her face.

We were all quick to follow her technique as I ran towards Nina who was holding up a walker and pierced him like Maggie had done with my knife, his body also falling.

The killing was then going on much smoother but I saw as one walker was coming up behind Daryl as he was heading to on with gear on and with one quick move of my hand my knife hit his head making Daryl look behind to see the now dead walker behind him. He nodded his head at me before going off to kill the rest of the walkers.

Once it was clear I went back to retreat my knife and joined the others in front of the door that would lead to the inside of the prison. Glenn almost ran towards the gates when dad told him to stop as he looked around.

"Well it looks secure" Glenn said as he came closer to us.

"Nothin' will lead to that courtyard over there" he then pointed at the dead walker of a woman " and that's a civilian"

"So the inside of the prison can be filled with walkers from outside too?" Nina asked as she wiped her forehead.

"Well if there's wall, then, what are we gonna do?" Glenn asked "we can't rebuild this whole place"