Chapter 17

For some reason I was getting really hot and I couldn’t get the blanket off me. I opened my eyes to realize I was no longer in the truck but now in a tent and the blanket I thought I had on was actually Dom’s arm and leg rapped around me.

“What the hell!?” I said pushing him off me that woke him up.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me sitting up.

“How did I get here and what do you think you’re doing?” I asked him.

“You fell asleep in the car and no body wanted to wake you so I built your tent for you then put you in,” he said with a confused face, like this is normal for us. “Everyone decided to go to the lake near by and I didn’t want to leave you just in case you woke up so I just crawled in.”

“And decided to be creepy,” I interrupted him.

“No, I swear I didn’t mean to even fall asleep but I did and by accident crawled up next to you,” he said looking a bit hurt.

“Yea it’s fine,” I said feeling bad now, “how long was I out for?”

“A few hours and may I say you are cute while you sleep,” he said.

I looked at him with a weird face, “please stop being creepy.”

“I can’t give my mate a compliment without it coming out creep?” he asked.

“I never accepted you therefor I’m not yours so saying things like that is creep,” I said opening the tent and walking out. “It’s so beautiful out here,” I said taking in my surroundings.

“Yea it’s perfect here,” Dom said coming out of the tent. “My family and I would come here basically every other weekend in the summertime when Liza and I were younger.”

“You as a little kid would be something interesting to see,” I said jokingly laughing.

“I wasn’t a bad kid actually. I listened to my parents all the time and Liza and I got along great. It was always the two of us, no one could drag us apart,” he said obviously remembering his past.

“So when did you change?”

“What do you mean? I’m still close with Liza, we tell each other everything and I still listen to my parents I never disobey them,” he said looking at me.

“Well I know you are close with Liza but your parents did say you ditch them often,” I started saying.

“My parents said that?” he asked.

“Well no not in those words exactly,” I told him. “But a few times they’ve been over they said you decided to go party instead of going out with them.”

“Well yea I’m a teenager and I will be Alpha soon, I want to have fun before I have to take over a whole pack,” he said. “I guess I started changing though when I started high school. Started making new friends and the guys in the pack started to grow up and we just all started to hang out, just the guys.”

“Ah there it is,”

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“You started changing when Stacey came into the picture,” I said not knowing why I even said that.

“Who said that?” he asked looking annoyed I brought up she-devil.

Oops, “it’s a small town and people like to talk,” I said not knowing what to say. I started walking over to the lake.

“Well it’s not true she has no control over me,” he said following me.

I turned around and smirked at him, “whom are you trying to convince?”