Chapter 20

“Elizabeth wake up,” my mom said shaking me to wake up.

I opened my eyes slightly to look at her, “mom I’m not feeling well again, can I please not go to school today?”

She looked at me with concerned eyes, “honey what’s wrong? You’ve missed all last week and now you want to miss today, I love you but I know you are not sick.”

I faked cough, “yes I am and I didn’t miss all of last week I went on Monday.”

She looked at me with a grin, “faker,” she said and started laughing, “today is your last sick day.”

I looked at her and hugged her, “thanks mom, I love you.”

“What’s going on?” she asked.

Everyone has been asking and wanting to know what’s wrong with me. Truth is I can’t take seeing Dominic right now after what happened last time I saw him so I’ve been pretending to be sick but Liza has been bringing me homework so it’s not that bad. Right?

“Nothing I just don’t feel like going to school,” I told her hoping she’ll drop it.

And she did, my mom is great like that she won’t push anything because she knows in the end I’ll come to her if I need to. “Okay honey, I’m going to take everyone else to school then I’m going grocery shopping do you want anything?” she asked.

“No thank you,” I answered. She hugged and kissed me then she was on her way.

On my days off all I have been doing is studying and homework, anything to distract me from my mate situation. I have also even been practicing the guitar, I haven’t played since I was young and it felt so good when I started playing.

I decided to go for a run, my wolf hasn’t been out in what feels like months. I got out of bed and stripped off my clothes. Thank goodness I could jump in my wolf form from my room. I opened my window and before I stepped out made sure there was no one around even though I knew everyone was at work or school and there was no other houses surrounding us obviously. I jumped from my window and in mid air changed into my wolf self.

I was too excited to be in wolf form since it’s been so long, I ran like I’ve never ran before. I didn’t know where I was going all I wanted to do was run, run till I couldn’t run anymore. I ended up at the river; I was extremely thirsty so I was happy to see that. I drank and just laid there for a bit not worrying about anything right now. I ended up falling asleep; I’m not sure for how long so when I woke I decided it was probably best to go home now before my mom starts worrying.

I ran back but not as fast because I didn’t really want to go back because I knew once I did there’s just one thing I’ll be thinking about. Before I knew it I was back in my backyard. I ran to the shed where we keep extra clothes just in case. I went in and got ready in there. I started walking inside and sniffed around to see if my mother was back; her scent wasn’t as strong so that means she’s not. See half human wolves could be just as good as full wolves, well at least this one is. I looked at the clock in the kitchen, almost 1 in the afternoon and she’s not back, where is she?

I ran up to my room to get my phone to make sure my mom was okay. As soon as I got in there I was shocked to see who was sitting at my desk. “Dom?”

He turned his head and can I say he looked horrible, guess this is also affecting him. “Elizabeth, where have you been? I’ve been here for an hour waiting for you,” he asked getting up and walking over towards me.

“Sorry I just went for a run and lost track of time,” I told him not knowing why he even cares. Not wanting to be close to him because it still hurts I went around him to my phone to call my mom since that is my reason of coming up here.