Chapter 21

“Dom, seriously you don’t need to help me put the food away I am capable of doing it myself,” I said putting away the extra steaks.

“I know but I want to help. Is that so bad?” he said finding a container to put the mashed potatoes in.

“No I guess not,” I said looking up and smiling at him. We just finished dinner with our families and Wes and Eddie even stayed as well. Well that only makes sense they are family too, but yea. Of course the parents questioned us and warned us not to rush anything take it slow. We decided it was obviously better not to tell them all the drama that went down as to why it took us so long to be a couple.

“Hey thanks for helping Dominic,” my mom said coming into the kitchen with the rest of the dishes, “you are better then most of my kids obviously,” she said laughing.

“Please don’t get used to this I think it is only a one time thing. He never helps out around our house with anything,” Dom’s mom said laughing and entering the kitchen behind my mom.

“MOM!” Dom mini shouted and I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“Don’t worry I’ll whip him into shape,” I said laughing more.

“I know,” Dom’s mom said laughing and putting the rest of the dishes in the sink.

“Where are your siblings to help you with this instead of our guest?” my mom asked.

“Everyone went to the game room I’m pretty sure,” I answered her putting the steaks in the fridge.

“Of course they decided not to help. Don’t worry about the dishes honey I’ll get Jen or Jase to finish them,” my mom said.

“No it’s okay I can just put them in the dish washer,” I told her not caring that I am doing all of this tonight since I am at least doing it with Dom.

“So you’re feeling better now honey?” my mom questioned.

I looked up and turned a bit red, I was waiting for her to bring up my pretend sickness, “yea, I went for a run earlier I think I just needed some air,” I answered her.

“Oh you were sick sweetie?” Dom’s mom asked.

“Yea she missed a whole week of school,” my mom answered.

“But I did get my homework all done I’m all caught up,” I said trying to save myself.

“Oh that’s good,” Dom’s mom said. “Dominic you didn’t tell her?” she asked.

I looked at him, “tell me what?” I questioned.

He looked up from what he was doing, “I have mom she doesn't like to listen,” he said then looked at me, “remember you’re not allowed to go into the woods without someone with you no matter what,” he said.

I looked at him, “oh yeaaa, that’s still a rule,” I said with a smile hoping not to get into trouble.

My mom started laughing, “yes that is still a rule. Do you not listen at the meetings?” she asked.

“I do,” trying to sound convincing.

“Honey, did you hear or see anything while in the woods?” Dom’s mom asked.

I looked at her confused, “No, why?” I asked.

My mom nudged Dom’s mom to shut her up, “oh nothing, don’t worry about it,” Dom’s mom said.

“Hey Kate come with me I have to show you this cute dress I got today,” my mom said obviously wanting to just get out of the kitchen.

I looked at Dom, “umm what was that about?” I asked.