Chapter 23

“I’m so scared. Guys if I do change what will it feel like?” Tess asked.

It was a day before Tess and Ty’s birthday, well actually about five minutes before their day. Dom, Liza and their parents were here to help if they both changed. My dad said more for moral support but I have a feeling it had something to do with who ever he was talking about last weekend.

I went and sat next to Tess, “honestly don’t worry about it. It feels weird because it is something you are experiencing for the first time but it goes by very quickly. After the first time trust me you’ll get use to it,” I told her.

Jase started laughing, “don’t lie to them Liz,” Jase said.

“Jase shut up,” I said and gave him an annoyed face.

He looked at me, “just tell them the truth they need to know what it will feel like if they do change so their not as scared,” Jase said.

Dom came and sat next to me and put an arm around me, “maybe you should tell them,” Dom said to me.

I looked at him, “really of all things you are agreeing with him on this?” I asked him. “Look my father never told either of us what it actually feels like and it’s best for them not to know,” I told him.

“But wouldn’t you have wanted to know?” Dom asked.

“My father thinks it’s best not to say anything,” I said.

“Can someone just stop and tell the truth? We are in the room,” Tess said.

Jase went and sat on the other side of Tess, “look it hurts at first because your bones are moving around but it will only hurt for a few minutes and after the first transition you wont feel a thing,” Jase said.

I never wanted to tell them because I don’t want them to worry and I don’t think my father does either that is why he never told any of his kids.

“Well I can’t wait. I hope I am a wolf,” Ty said from the other couch.

“Why?” Liza asked laughing.

“Because of the speed you guys run and being able to listen into anything,” Ty answered.

We all started laughing, “you know either way you’re still same old Ty right?” Jase said.

“Yea,” Ty said looking at him, “don’t ruin this for me dude.”

“But don’t be crushed if you’re not. Remember only Jase and I are wolves out of all of us so far,” I told him.

“I won’t be crushed but being a wolf would be fun is all I’m saying,” Ty said.

The parents walked into the living room, “okay kids lets go down to the basement,” my father said smiling.

“Why not outside?” Jase asked.

“Tradition, we did everyone in the basement and I have more control if they turn in the basement not far to run,” my father answered him.

“Mommy I’m scared,” Tess said running to my mom.

She tried to comfort her with a smile, “don’t worry honey your father and John will be there to help you through it or not if you don’t end up turning,” my mother said hugging her.

“Come on kids it’s time,” my father said putting his arms out to comfort the twins more. Then he left the room with them and John.

Since they weren’t doing it outside anymore Dom didn’t need to help them. I haven’t asked my father about who he was talking about last weekend in his office but it’s making me worry and I feel like I should I just don’t want him to lie or think I was ease dropping on purpose. Dom said he’ll try figuring it out but his dad won’t tell him. He either ignores him or changes the subject quickly which proves they are hiding something.