|7| Something Strange

Victoria's P.O.V:

"Get up, Victoria" Sally sings, pulling my blanket off me and struggling to keep myself inside it I wriggle like a worm, wrestling against her.

"Let me sleep!" I whine.

"Well" she gives up and heading to the window, undoes the blinds. The sunlight hurts my eyes and I roll over in bed. "Meredith always told me you're an early riser." she sounds kind of amused and I can feel my sleep escaping my eyes.

"I used to be," I groan, squeezing my eyes shut.

"I'm on call so you're gonna have to walk to school," she tells me and that has my complete attention. I look at my alarm clock. It's five in the morning.

"So early?" I squint at her. She's dressed in a really neat manner, a white coat with a name tag on it with a black, professional looking dress and flats. I've never seen her in her doctor's clothes so I'm a little surprised.

"Not now silly," she smiles as I get up. She looks around the room and I don't blame her for looking shocked. I like my room clean, sometimes a little too much.

"I meant that both Luke and I are heading for work so you'll have to lock up. I made you some peanut butter sandwiches and everything." she shyly mumbles towards the end.

"Got it", I nod at her and she leaves my room awkwardly. She's twenty seven, just got married and has absolutely no experience of looking after somebody younger than her. She is the one who always got taken care of...I feel a tug at my heart because I realise how she must be feeling right now. She lost her elder sister.

Having done all the work I was supposed to do, I head to school, feeling a little less nervous, knowing that Misty and Catherine are going to be there today. I won't be the freak everybody stares at, walking alone throughout the school like a lost puppy. As I head out the front door though, I peek a look at the house next to mine, only to freeze yet again. I find Olivier looking square in my eyes as he stands outside, waiting for someone.

Smiling awkwardly, I wave a little at him and he nods, smiling slightly, heading in my direction. Holy Shit! Do not be a bitch to him, Victoria Edwards.

"Hey" I decide to let go of the breath I'd been holding unintentionally when he narrows his eyes at me, stopping almost a foot away from me, an amused smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. His eyes are violet. The lightest shade of violet, with a hesitation in them and for some odd reason, I can feel the hair at the back of my stand.

"Hi." he looks puzzled and I feel awkward and annoyed. How can somebody annoy me like this without even speaking? This is so impractical and stupid!

"You're heading to school alone?" he asks me and I nod, gesturing behind me with my thumb, not wanting to say anything I may regret later.

"You're with me in Chemistry."

"Am I?" both of us smile and I ignore the annoyance like a housefly around my ears.

"Uh..." I look behind him to see Catherine and Mrs. Lawson heading out. That's my cue to leave and as soon as I realise this, I heave a sigh of relief.

"I should go," I smile and turning around, put in all my effort into walking straight and not looking behind me because I could feel his eyes on my back.

Once I'm at school, Misty leads me to our classes and the day passes by smoothly until I'm in Chemistry, reaching early on purpose. The classroom is empty when I settle into the seat Olivier sat in the other day. I have no clue why I'm sitting in his place. All I know is that I came early so that I can see him even though he annoys the hell out of me for some odd reason. He shouldn't sit in front of me. It was unnerving yesterday to stare at his neck and ears and the way his brown hair grazed the nape of his neck slightly. The class begins filling up soon enough and when the wiry blond man, Mr. Ashford comes into class, Olivier walks inside behind him. His eyes zero in on me and I look at Mr. Ashford, pretending that I'm engrossed in the blackboard with 'Organic Chemistry' written on it in neat letters.