|20| Et tu?

Victoria's P.O.V:

"You okay?" Sally peers down at me with barely concealed curiosity as I stumble into the kitchen to get my apple, ready to head out for school even though that's the last place I'd like to be at. After all that happened last night, I'm dreading being anywhere around Olivier. He probably doesn't even want to talk to me after the incident. I'm not normal. Neither is he. As Sally gives me a quizzical look, I give her a reassuring smile and nod.

"Never been better!" I then sing, rushing away from her now puzzled face. She knows something happened but I'm not telling her unless I have no other choice. Besides, it's none of her business.

"You getting those weird migraines again?" she calls out and I freeze midway out the front door. She said what now?

"Why would you think so?"

"Because you don't drink or do drugs and you look like a druggie so that's the best explanation." She shrugs, crossing her arms across her chest in a you're-telling-me-everything stance.

"It's not like you'd know what to do about it even if I did tell you." I snap. My mom and she skipped the crazy gene somehow and I inherited it straight from my Grams. They never could help me even when I told them about my meaningless nightmares as a child and when I could move the utensils in the kitchen like Magneto. They usually ignored that I was different from them. Scratch that- they made me feel pretty darn horrible for being different from them by always ignoring that and punishing me for breaking things accidentally like you would a normal kid.

"You'll have to tell me about the entire deal unless you ever want to get out of my house."

"Don't you have to be at the hospital?" I whine. The one thing that terrifies me most is telling somebody about my craziness. Why should somebody want to be so much as associated with the likes of me anyway? She would surely agree if I told her everything and that's precisely why I will never tell her everything. Nobody has to know my past.

"I can call in sick," she shrugs nonchalantly. I am definitely not going to school today, that's for sure.

"You can't cage me in here!"

"Nope. I can't. What I can do...............is ground your ass at home and make you do unnecessary chores." She sighs, moving towards the front door, toward me. I flinch away from her but she simply locks the knob and smiles coolly at me.

"Well?"

"You know I can unhinge the door without even using my hands," I roll my eyes at her but she gives me a solemn nod. She hates it so much, doesn't she? Like, it's some goddamned disease she can cure but is afraid of contracting herself.

"Try it."

"No. I live here now, I'm not-"

"Try it!" she snaps and I can feel the anger inside me. Why does she want me to do that? I've never done anything like that except by accident.

"No." I narrow my eyes at her and she doesn't even breathe for a while as we both glare at one another. I am not giving her the satisfaction of seeing my crazy. She's better than this and I'll patiently wait until she does show the better side of hers.

"I'm not telling you anything, Sally. No." I shake my head at last and I see defeat in her brown eyes, so much like mom's.

"All you've got to do is show me." She shrugs and I avert my eyes from hers. No way am I letting her see inside my head. Of course I can control what she sees and doesn't but if she gets even an inkling about Luke coming on to me last evening, she will not be very happy.