The Prologue

Prologue

0.      The promise

Prince Thorne’s P.O.V.

“Father, do I have to find her tonight.” I said crooking my neck to the side, my joints hurt from the change, which I had only experienced a few hours ago.

I was finally a full werewolf.

Finally., I had waited fifteen years for this, or at least I had waited patiently for this when my father sat me down an explained what we were, heck, the first time I had seen my father in wolf form I thought to myself that I would love to be that creature, I wanted to be a strong wolf like my father.

 The royal blood in me made the change much more increased, the pain was about fifty times higher than a normal werewolf, and I was bigger, faster and stronger. I couldn’t say I was unhappy about my ability to advance faster than the normal werewolf because I was not normal. I was a royal, and that had more weight than anything in my world.

 I had to have time to prepare, I was next in line to become king and at only fifteen I knew my responsibilities.

But this didn’t mean I couldn’t have fun.

I felt exhilarated, like I had been born again. Everything looked, smelt and felt different. It was as if had finally opened my eyes and seen the world for the first time. Even though there was pain, there was a lot of pain, it was phenomenal.

 I felt like a part of me had finally come alive and I had become one.

 Only to find out that I needed some mate to complete me.

A soul mate to be exact, your other half, I snorted at the irony of it all.

I was a fifteen year old royal werewolf. I didn’t want or need a soul mate at this point in my life.

“Son, this is the way it has always been, all werewolf change and as a result they find their mate.” my father said for the hundredth time.

I didn’t want a mate.

I was a kid for crying out loud, the only thing of interest to me in this very moment was food, I was starved.

“Will she know that she’s my mate?” I asked my father, curiously.

“No, only a male can identify their mate, and once you proclaim her as your mate, she will then feel the same pull towards you as you do her.” He smiled at the last part, obviously remembering his time with my mother.

“So why do I have to find her tonight, can’t you put some spell on me until I’m old enough to want to be in a relationship.” I tried convincing him.

“No. We need to prepare her for being queen.”

“And if I don’t find her tonight?” I asked, curious.

“That’s highly impossible, but you will just have to wait until you do find her if that happens.”

I smiled to myself; there was no way in hell I was finding my stupid mate tonight.

“How will I know she’s my mate?” I asked the last question.

“When we announce you to the kingdom and that you have come of age, you will smell a scent that calls to your sense, secondly when you come face to face with her and look into her eyes your wolf will declare her as your mater. Those are the most prominent signs, others include the need to protect her, and when you touch there will be sparks.”

I nodded when he was done.

“Thank you father may I be excused.” I asked.

“One more thing son…” he paused, running a hand through his hair, “resisting your mate will cost you to lose more then you benefit, but it is your decision son, I hope you make the right one.”