Chapter 4

Chapter Four

After lunch I made my way to my two lessons before combat, and there he was again. I was hoping I could possibly get transferred, but the good news is that Ryder was in those two classes.

I'm making my way now to beginners combat, I knew how to fight because my father is the world's number one  trainer whose accomplishments are astounding and many werewolves trained under him before they were given protector and fighter status, he was that good.

The favourite part of my days at home were training with my father, but that had to be put on hold because I was too weak to do anything, I missed spending that time with him.

Never the less, I was happy there were combat classes; it wasn't only to teach us how to fend for ourselves, but also how to live as one with our wolves peacefully once we changed.

I smiled at that fact, I could feel my wolf steering inside of me, preparing us for  the change and I couldn't be more ecstatic, it was a pleasant feeling knowing that I wasn't alone, even though we were one it felt as if there was more to me, like seeing the world through these eyes wasn't fulfilling enough.

I walked to my last double with a spring to me step and a smile on my face, I probably looked creepy to the people I passed but hey, you only live once.

The classes were held in a building on a little away from the main school building, the outside gym, but there were indoor faculties, as well as outdoor faculties.

I walked to the area that held thirty students, all waiting for the beginning of class, these students were a year younger than me and would have either gone through the ritual or are going to go through it within two months, but that didn't mean that they couldn't still train.

The academy only consisted of werewolves that were from surrounding packs, it was one of our private schools, and the other schools were from human areas, for werewolf's that stayed around humans. We had the choice of where we stayed, I preferred staying with the were community, because I could be myself without having to hide who I was.

I looked around and noticed how comfortable they were with each other, it was already two months into this class, and I was definitely behind. I felt sort of left out, but I didn't really want to make new friends, not that I was stuck up or anything but I feel as if everybody will disappoint me in some way, they would hurt me and I couldn't have that so I guarded my heart, because I just couldn't bring myself to trust anyone. It took me a whole year to trust Ryder completely and he never messed up not once, at least not yet, there was always room for him to screw up.

I signed, kicking the stones beneath me feet, feeling like I wanted to get away from this for a while, my good mood that I had before this class was slowly decreasing, not to mention I wasn't feeling up to showing everybody that I was weak.

I heard a whistle and looked up to see the couch standing there, full of authority, he was a fit man, with his muscles clearly on show from his tight t-shirt, he looked about thirty years old but was much older in reality, because werewolves aged at a slower rate than humans.