Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Three years later

Harper’s P.O.V

“Wow! You look like shit!” My best friend Ryder exclaimed as he walked into my bedroom. Unannounced if I might add.

I snorted at him. Of course I look like shit, I felt like shit and I was stupid.

This happens you know, when you don’t do the coming of age ritual you cannot change into your wolf.

Who would have thought?

I'm seventeen; I was supposed to do the ritual last year on my birthday. Only thing was I would have to step foot on castle grounds.

Stupid promise.

I shook my head, as if trying to get rid of the thoughts that were threatening to escape from the cage inside of my head where all bad memories went so they got locked up.

“Gee thanks.” I said sarcastically to Ryder, “You say the sweetest things to me.”

He rolled his eyes at me, and I knew what was coming.

He was going to convince me to go do the ritual, only a royal werewolf could perform.

I was tempted, believe me, I was one lecture away from going and getting this ritual done so I could be who I am.

I couldn’t change into my wolf, although I could faintly feel her linger in me and I longed to set her free, I could not use my extra senses or my ability, I was stuck and it was through my own doing, all because I made a promise.

A promise to a prince.

Stupid werewolf prince.

I could feel myself growing weaker day by day. My father noticed and I could sense the worry he had for me every time I was close by. They all worried about me. Heck, I even worried about my sanity sometimes.

I sighed and just as Ryder was about to lecture me, my father called for me.

And he didn’t seem happy at all, something that wasn’t new.

I could tell, I felt everybody’s frustration every day, and it was killing me every time they gave me a sad pitiful look, and it hurt me to know I was pitied. That I made them feel this way.

“Have to go.” I said, flinging the covers off me fast.

I hoped I had enough strength to make it to my father’s office, as I lifted myself up, and swung my legs over so that my feet could touch the ground, I winced in pain. Not a good sign, every day I grew weaker and today was no exception.

I felt warm arms wrap around me, and I looked up at Ryder, Smiling weakly at him as he lifted me up into his arms.

I wonder what I had done to have such an amazing friend. He was the son of my father’s beta and when I met him for the first time at a pack meeting we had clicked instantly. We had so much in common and what made me more found of him was that he didn’t judge me for my decision, although he just tries to convince me that it’s for the best.

He had dark brown hair that he kept short, an amazing body, because he was a full werewolf. His muscles were so defined, he was one hunk of meat, and that was an understatement. Seriously, I hear all the girls talking about him and how much they wanted to get in his pants. The young werewolves these days, so full of raging hormones, especially the unmated, He had these really intense blue eyes that had specs of green in them that just sucked you in.

I loved spending time with him; he always took care of me, like sometimes he would take my outside, and make me ride on his back when he was in wolf form.