Chapter 2

Chapter Two

The Resistance

Colours surrounded me.

Pink

Blue

Green

Red

Purple

White

It was magical.

As I ascended in to the air, my body in a laying position. I saw the night sky, the new full moon shimmering in the darkness, illuminating the skies with assistance from the stars.

It was beautiful.

I felt at peace.

A wolf.

Part of my heritage.

Who I was.

Who my father was, my mother, my sisters, my king and my queen.

This was my world, it was who I was destined to become.

I felt her stir, I felt her rejoice. She was finally out.

My wolf, no longer caged in the confines of my mind.

No longer was I a slave to my bed, no longer a slave to my body, and no longer would I be suffering and dying because I wasn’t who I was supposed to be.

Finally set free.

And as she let out a howl of joy.

Blackness

Two days later

Harper’s P.O.V.

Why is this happening to me?

When did everything start going wrong?

I grumbled as I got out of bed to get ready for today. I knew there was no way out of it. I had accepted who I was.

This was my chance to go out into the world, to experience life.

 I was always confined in my room, away from my pack and the castle. I was sick of being restricted from the world.

I needed to live.

So what if made a stupid promise when I was a naive fourteen year old?

That shouldn’t have stopped me from living, but it did. No longer was I going to feel guilty. If Thorne wanted me to stay away from him I would, he doesn’t exist, not anymore, not after everything he has put me through.

Times have changed, we have changed. Things can’t be the same, and now that I have my life back. I’m determined to keep on living life as if I was never withering away.

A smile appeared on my face, because of how logical it all seemed. I was a fool for not thinking of this sooner.

I got ready and dressed in dark skinny jeans and a loose grey and white top; I slipped on grey pumps as I tied my dark brown hair in a messy pony, not bothering to put on any make up.

I looked at myself in the mirror, pleased with my appearance. I looked better, I no longer had bags under my eyes, colour was slowly returning to my skin.

I took a deep breath, before I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

“Harper!” my sister Kyra tackled me as I stepped into the kitchen. She hugged me tightly, “I’m so happy you’re well again, and that you’re finally coming to school with us!”