Chapter 10: Old wounds

*Jack*

''now  you listen to me you have a purpose in this world jack and even though daddy is away for the moment he always has his little solider right here making sure his mama is safe and sound''

you know when i was little the only things i cared about in this world was two things my mother that quit her workplace after she had me so she can become a full time mom and i will admit a damn good one when i was little and of course my hero Sgt. Samuel Harrison my dad. When i was little he was everything to me and even though he was away for a lot of my childhood i remember staying up at night by the radio receiver he gave me and said 'whenever you miss me remember i will always hear your voice through this' and every night after my mom went to sleep i would open my window and look at the moon because i knew wherever my dad was....i knew i could see my dad through it and would hold onto the radio talking through it about my day and how mums day was and i loved it.

I done this everyday until a few years later i got home from school to find my mother sitting in dads chair holding a flag with bloodshot eyes . of course she said dads gone to sleep and this flag represents everything he was but i would have non of it so every night after my mom fell asleep i would open my window and hold the radio looking at the moon and talking through the radio still convincing myself he will one day walk through my door and tell me everything is alright.....but every night as i looked up at the moon it dawned on me that he wasn't looking back.......and he never will again.

I would cry every night and rock myself to sleep holding the radio drenching it in tears to the point where it broke and mom thought attaching myself to it would damage me mentally so she took it and threw it away.

I think that was one of the main reasons i had to get away from London i just couldn't handle being there anymore my mom sold the house as she said it would be easier to just let go of bad memories. That angered me to the point where at the age of 16 i would find myself in the wrong crowed  and get arrested possessing class c drugs. As there was very little on me and no other laws where broken i was just detained and was forced to sleep in a pissed stained cell for the night and was let go the following morning with a warning.

I would of done it again until i realized that I'm just shitting on my dads name and I'm better then that so with help from my best mate Huttsue and no help from my mother i set out to change my life around and became a student and you know what i liked it there in fact the worst part of the day would be going home and having to get past all the bullshit my mom would push down on me.

My mother was a very religious woman and when i came home one day and sat down with her that i may of developed feelings for a guy she done what any caring mother would and smacked me with a belt and told me to leave.

This upset me but the thing that put me over the edge was when i said i will take dads flag and medals she said I'm no son of his and that if he knew his son was a fag he would be happy he was dead. I couldn't handle hearing that i took the stuff and walked away spitting on the door step as i did was lucky enough to have Hutt's family take me in and they treated me as one of there own to the point where his mother became mine and his dad became my step father i loved it there but after i got my Grades i knew i needed a place of my own so as i was on the internet i came across DragonDoor university and that the apartments near there was cheap.....only problem was it was in America.

But Hutt being Hutt he got the money together and we got the tickets and well now we are here......my father was the biggest light in my life and when he passed that light died out keeping me cold and alone but then i met a cute, small , and oh so loving border collie that literally fell into my life and everyday i was with him that fire started to get brighter and when i made him a promise that no one will harm him i went from being there as a friend to falling in love but i never told him how i felt i mean how can i hey buddy i uhh i love you no i would kill our relationship and that kiss we had when we went to the hospital was just a in the moment type thing but that changed when was under that tree i felt as though i was invincible and that  just as long as he was next to me we could take on the world and win.