Three

One Month Later

Emilia stared at herself in the locker room mirror as the shouts chanted below her. She could faintly hear them calling out his name. She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes. She hadn't changed for the gym. She stayed in her work clothes. A black V neck and ripped, faded jeans. Her hair was down to her shoulders and tucked behind each ear. She knew she wasn't going to change tonight. She was going down to that fucking octagon to see the douche bag that left her. She hadn't seen or heard from him in one month, and he stayed clear of her just like she wanted. For some reason, she couldn't get over him.

Her mother had been hounding her once again about marriage and babies over the weekend, and she told Jake that she was so close to marrying him it wasn't even funny. He bursted out laughing and then told her that he started seeing someone just the other week. She uncharacteristically squealed and threw her arms around him. Jake was laughing as she squeezed him extra hard.

"I have to meet her! I have to! Is she hot? Cute? Nerdy? What?!" she exclaimed.

Jake hugged her back and chuckled.

"She's cute. She's a first grade teacher. She is not nerdy, in fact she is very much sexy. She nearly as you, but way fucking saner than you, which is a big win," he said.

She smacked him upside him head and he laughed while letting her go. She kissed his cheek.

"We're going on a date soon with her. I have to meet her," she said.

Then she left and went to the gym to find hundreds of people walking in to see the fight. Apparently it was a pretty big fight. A lot of money was going down on it.

Emilia made her way downstairs as she kept her hands in her back pockets. She felt way out of her element, but she was kind of invigorated to be doing something different. For so many nights she ignored this underground place, but now she couldn't ignore it anymore. She didn't see Kam walk in, but she could feel he was here. She didn't know how and she knew it sounded damned ridiculous, but it was the truth.

"Bet," the guard said.

She rolled her eyes. She fished out her wallet and handed over fifty.

"Detric," she said.

He scoffed and then took the money and let her walk in. Emilia pushed her way through the crowd and could only find a damned seat towards the back. She sat down next to a guy with way too many piercings. Thankfully she got an edge seat so she could easily get up and walk out.

"Who you betting on?" the idiot next to her muttered.

"Detric. Duh," she said and rolled her eyes to look back at the ring. 

"Gutta's his biggest competition. It's going to be a gnarly fight."

"Detric is the best," she told him.

She had been watching some UFC fights online and was shocked to see Detric so brutal and so wild. He was a beast. She also couldn't believe that she had banged him twice and been able to let him go for a month. Of course, every damned time she watched him she had to go get out her plastic boyfriend and her handy-dandy fingers. 

The lights went out and flashing strobes came from all around the basement. The crowd went nuts. The announcer said Gutta's name and the lights went to his corner where he came out with his arms up and his robe on. He pushed his hood down when he got to the outside of the ring. He looked around and grinned at everyone around him. He looked like a cocky bastard, and Emilia did not like him instantly.

"Now... put your hands together for our number one for three years straight! Kam Detric!" the announcer bellowed.

The crowd literally went ballistic and almost everyone stood up and shouted.