Sixteen

A/N: The song is from a vine by Choonie, and I love it! It fits well with Kam and Emilia.
I appreciate you reading! I just wanted to touch base with you guys. Stories might not always be how you want. Write your own story to make it how you want. This is Emilia and Kam's story, and it will be how they choose. Trust me, they told me how it's going down. Honestly, I hope you get into this book enough to get angry or frustrated. Feel their suffering, but I hope you also feel their love and endless want to be together through mayhem. They are hard assess, and they will do as they please despite any reason from anyone else. Enjoy and thank you! You are awesome for reading, whether you like the story or not!
■■■■■■■■

Kam looked up from the chair to see Emilia slowly walk by. It was noon, and she just woke up. Kam hadn't slept a wink last night. After he watched her for hours, he got up at dawn to start drinking his pain away. Sadly, the drinks were not enough.

"Morning," Kam murmured.

Emilia glanced over at him from the stair case.

"I need to get my things," she whispered.

Kam's entire body tensed. He gritted his teeth and watched her slowly walk up the stairs. He stayed downstairs and stared blankly out the window across the room from him. Just a few days ago everything was so blissful. How easily he could fuck everything up pissed him the fuck off.

Emilia came down with her suitcase and set it in the foyer. Kam didn't look at her when she came back in.

"I think it's for the best that you figure out what you're going to be doing. I also think it's for the best that... that maybe you try to be with Olivia instead of me," she whispered as she stood next to him.

He glanced in her direction but didn't meet her eyes.

"I - I honestly feel sick to think of you with someone else, Kam... but for that baby's sake you have to try. You didn't say one bad thing about her, which means maybe there's room for you two to grow and be together," she murmured.

Kam clenched his jaw. He fucking hated her in those moments. He hated her for not wanting him bad enough to stay, to try. The fact that she was leaving and telling him to be with someone else made him want to punch something so hard his fist shattered.

"Kam, talk to me," she whispered.

He scoffed and looked away from her entirely to get her out of his view.

Emilia felt the pang of heartache again at the sight of him completely avoiding her. She reached out to touch his shoulder, but he snapped out of his trance and brushed her off.

"Just get out if you want to leave. There's nothing I can say that will change anything to you, so you might as well just get the hell out. Run while you still can," he said.

Emilia knelt down in front of him and grabbed his hands. He refused to look at her still. His hands were moist and hot.

"Look, Kam. You told me that you always wanted someone to love you. Your whole life you always needed someone to love you. Your child needs that from you, and your child will always love you as long as you try to be in his life. If you raise that kid and give him a loving parent to lean on, then you'll get that and so will he. You're going to be the parent you never had, and that kid is going to want a whole home with his parents, just like you wanted. I hope you can make Olivia as happy as you made me. You gave her a baby, so I think you guys will be alright," she murmured.

Kam glared down at her with all the hatred in the world. Emilia flinched from that look and winced.

"Get out of my life," Kam growled.