|xii|

|xii|

Her eyes opened as her door swung open seeing the two figures with a cake and lit candles in there hands.

"Happy Birthday Iris"

Her head shot up as they walked closer to her bed. She looked at the pink and white cake that had sixteen candles on them with her name in white icing.

"Happy sixteenth birthday Isis make a wish" her father uttered

She closed her eyes before blowing all the candles out.

"What did you wish for?" her mother questioned sitting on her bed.

The girl sat there silent looking down at her hands that laid in her lap.

"To live a normal life and not have all these voices in my head" she muttered

Her father sat the cake down on her nightstand before sitting down on her bed.

"Iris I don't know how it feels hearing everyone's thoughts not me not your mother only you but there isn't no such thing as normal in this world if there was we'd live boring lives we'd wouldn't have so many different and unique people like you"

"Well I don't think hearing voices in your head is unique dad"

"Well being a little different isn't a bad thing you know"

"And we love you me and your mother and we know other people well love you like we do"

She smiled and closed her eyes feeling a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Now get dress birthday girl you have many presents to open downstairs" he uttered