Chapter Three

Sparks. Fireworks. Electric.  All the words to describe a typical fairytale kiss exploded within me when our lips met.

                 I was shocked at first, unable to respond. Xavier pressed his lips against mine more firmly, probing at mine for a reaction. I awoke from my shock and pressed my lips against his. My hands reached up, making their way through his hair, tugging and pulling at it.

                   He groaned the sound vibrating against my lips. He bit my bottom lip gently, asking for permission to enter. I opened my mouth eagerly. Our tongues fought for dominance but he easily took control. His hands traveled from my face to my back, pulling me tighter against him. I moaned into his mouth as all parts of his body pressed against me.

                 He was the first to break away but he didn’t stop, he continued to trail kisses down my neck. He was biting and teasing at my skin and moans kept on escaping from my lips. He stopped when he found my sweet spot, biting at the skin.

                   By the time I realized what he was doing it was too late.

                   He looked up at me his eyes darkened with lust but they still sparkled with mischief.

                 “You gave me a hickey.” I exclaimed my voice clouded with anger.

                     I shoved him and this time he let me go. I stormed my way past him, knowing full well that he was hot on my heels. I stopped at the girl’s bathroom, making my way in. I stepped in front of the mirror; shoving my thick curls out of the way, I examined the mark on my neck.

                It was blue and purple and stood out like a neon sign on my tan skin. I hissed under my breath, cursing Xavier.

                The bathroom door burst open suddenly and Xavier walked in.

                “You jackass,” I cried slapping him on his chest, “Do you see this?” I questioned pointing towards my neck “How the hell am I suppose to cover this?”

               “Simple,” Xavier said stepping towards me and placing his arms around my waist “You don’t.” He whispered in my ear.

                  I shoved him away from me again. I couldn’t think clearly with him close to me.

                 “Wrong answer,” I stated turning towards the mirror again. I stared at it with disdain.

               “I told you your mine; you’re my mate, Anna. I didn’t want to mark you against some old rusty lockers in school; I have more class than that. I needed some other way to show guys like Clark that your mine.” Xavier said smiling smugly.

                  I turned towards him, anger in my eyes.

               “Ok, let’s get one thing straight. I am not ‘yours’ because first of all I’m not an object or a shiny new toy. And I think you’ve made a mistake with this mate thing. I’m not your mate, Xavier.” I told him firmly.

                  He shook his head “You are my mate, Anna.” He looked at me his eyes daring for me to say otherwise.

                   I ran my hands threw my hair in frustration “No, I’m not. There’s no possible way that I am.”

                   Xavier bent over, placing both his hands on the counter so we were looking eye to eye “Why? Give me one good reason why.”