Chapter Nine

Hey guys, I decided to change the title to "His Angel" after all. I decided that a lot of werewolf story's start with "The Alpha's. . ." and I wanted my story to be different. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter!                                                                                                                                Picture of Anna's dress on the side! :) 

             Taking a deep breath I lifted my fist up, meeting it with the wood of the pristine white door. I knocked lightly before dropping my hands and twisting my hair between my fingers. It was a few moments later before I heard shuffling from inside and the door opened.

          Caleb raised an eyebrow, his expression showing surprise. I took this time to take in his disheveled appearance, he had light stubble dancing along his chin and pieces of his hair were sticking up at odd angles. He wore a pair of boxers and no shirt. His muscular chest carried several scars and I flinched slightly inside my head, remembering my own.

         Caleb leaned back against the door, "Anna, right?" He questioned.

         I nodded. He raised an eyebrow again, giving me an inquiring look, "Any reason you're here?"

         I sighed, "Can I come in?" I questioned, waving my hands towards his room.

           He nodded, moving to the side so I could step in. Once I was in he closed the door behind him. His room was pretty plain, boring blue walls and matching comforter, a slightly slanted television hanging on the wall and a desk. His bed was a jumble of sheets and blankets, some pillows lying on the floor beside it.

          I raised an eyebrow at him, "Just wake up?"

          He nodded, grumbling. I gave him a look of disbelief, "Its five o'clock."

        Caleb shrugged, "So? Got nothing to do here anyways." He crossed his arms over his chest, looking at me, "Is that what you came here for, to judge my sleeping habits?"

          I shook my head, "No." I paused, looking around for somewhere to sit. Caleb sat on the bed, crossing his legs Indian style. He patted the spot next to him and I sat beside him. "I wanted to talk to you about Cas."

            Caleb's head snapped towards me, "What about Cas?"

           I tucked a curl behind my ear, "He's gone, first of all. I didn't know if you knew but he left last night. I thought you should know anyways."

           He registered my news, his face becoming a mask, "I didn't know . . . Why'd he leave?" He questioned, his voice carefully guarded.

              I shrugged, "He didn't say." Lie.

             He didn't seem like he believed me but didn't push it, "What else did you want to say?"

            I shifted nervously on the bed, "How'd you know him? How'd you met each other?"

            Caleb shook his head, "That's a long story, doll."

             I met his eyes with my own, "I want to know."

           He leaned back slightly, shrugging, "Suit yourself." He rubbed his neck, looking thoughtful, "We've known each other for a few months but we first met when Cas was sent to kill me."

              I choked a little, "What?" I coughed out.

             Caleb chuckled, "Cas and his angel buddies deemed that me and my pack were a menace and needed to be taken out." He smiled at my shocked face, "Yes I know what you and your brother are, he told me a while ago. Anyways, Cas decided to make a different call. He let me and my pack live and convinced your head angel man that we weren't a threat. Cas made me promise that we wouldn't get into any trouble that wasn't necessary."