Partners

After the whole scene at the cafeteria, Natalie and Taylor helped me find my last class of the day. Unlike the other classes I had to take, this one ran for two periods. Oh, the joy of social studies.

"I'll see you later," Natalie said. 

"Okay and thanks again for helping me today," I commented as I pulled on my bookbag straps.

"No problem, bye Sky, bye Tay," Natalie said before walking down the hall to her class.

After watching Natalie leave, I soon turned my attention to Taylor and immediately noticed he looked somewhat upset.

"What's wrong Taylor?"

Shrugging his shoulders, he responded.

"Nothing it just feels weird to finally have a calm day at school." Looking at Taylor, I grabbed one of his hands and gave it a small squeeze before responding.

"Trust me, Taylor, I know how you feel. Don't worry, we'll make more calm days besides today."

Looking up at me he gave me a small smile.

"I have to go to class but hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow."

Chuckling, I responded.

"Definitely, bye Tay."

Smiling at me once more, Taylor turned around and went to his class.  Sighing, I knew it was now my turn to get to class. When I finally entered the classroom, several people turned their attention towards me as they carefully watched my movements. Deciding not to look at them, I made my way to a desk next to a window. Looking around the classroom, I noticed the many posters that had to do with religion and their history. I instantly knew what this class was going to be about; the one thing I didn't really believe in.

After several minutes of me looking around, the bell soon rang, and the remaining students outside made their way inside. Seconds later a teacher came running in.

"Hello my outstanding students, my name is Adam Hoffman and I'll be your religious studies and history teacher. You can call me Adam or Mr. Hoffman, whichever one floats your boat. For the first period, we'll focus on different religion and for the second half it'll be about history."

Putting down his satchel Mr. Hoffman then proceeded to get himself organized. It wasn't long before he grabbed what seemed to be the attendance sheet and clear his throat.

If I had to describe Mr. Hoffman, I would mention how shiny his black hair looked especially when he had it combed back. He was also wearing glasses that remember me of the one's Clark Kent would wear. He also gave off the vibe of being somewhat of a geek but he's physique spoke volumes in the opposite direction. Adam was also tall, standing around what seemed to be 6 feet with a couple of inches. The whole time I was to busy taking in his appearance that I didn't hear a word he said. It was only when Adam started to call my names several times that I snapped out of it.

"Skylar Charms?" He called out as he looked around.

I raised my hand and said here, to which a few boys whistled at me. 

Pigs.

Adam glanced around the room and they immediately stopped.

Afterward, he smiled at me and I mouthed a "thank you".

"Amber McCain?"

After several seconds of no answer, Adam tried again.

"Amber McCain?"

No, respond.

"I guess you're not here," Adam mumbled.

However, if on cue, the door opened.