Author Note - Demographics?

The upcoming chapter has been easy on me and I finish writing it earlier than I've planned. That's why I would like to spend some time to put up this author note.

I probably have repeated like a thousand times, but I'm really really thankful to every reader who has spent her precious time reading, voting and commenting on Imperfect Triangle.

I started writing this story because I find it very hard to love my own city anymore. A lot of terrible stuff has been going in Hong Kong and I think I'm losing faith in it. I write this story to remind myself it is my home and I have to cherish it.

Writing in English and especially on Wattpad allows my thoughts to reach people from all over the world. And it's what this author note is about. I'm amazed by the fact that my readers are from everywhere! Are you curious about the demographic distribution? I'm not sure if it is accurate, but it's pretty cool to know about it.

Here's the rank --

1. United States: It makes sense because I believe the majority of users on Wattpad are from the states. Fun fact, the currency of Hong Kong is also called 'dollars', so when I use dollars in the story, it's actually Hong Kong dollars, in which $7.8 equals $1 US dollar. So a cup of Starbucks coffee is about $5 bucks.

2. Malaysia: I went to Kuala Lumper once with my dad and it was one of the best trips I had. I remember visiting a Mosque built with pink bricks and it is magnificent! I always feel like Malaysia is one of the closest neighbors of Hong Kong because I heard many Malaysian speaks Cantonese too. And the food, oh my god, I miss the food! 

3.  United Kingdom: Nostalgia. Haha..no, not really. Though Hong Kong was once a colony of Britain, I've never visited the UK before. And I guess many colonial things are fading away now, though we still have the statue of Queen Victoria. Colonialism was one of the most studied and touchy subjects in Hong Kong. Anyway, I wish I get to visit London one day and even get to meet the Royal family...lol

Other countries include Canada, India, Philippines, Kenya, Germany, Australia, Switzerland and Netherland. Among these places, I've only been to Philippines once, again, gorgeous country and wonderful people. 

To be honest, I know very very very little about other cultures. Even if I get to travel there, I only get to see the most visited spots. Therefore, it would be really nice if you can share with me about your country. Where are you from and how has it been? No matter where you're from, I hope the weather is great and you're having a blast! ;D

I'll see you in next chapter posting this Saturday.

bythec (15/4/2016 00:28)