Chapter 1 - Today Is The Day

(Riley's POV)

I couldn't believe that the day has come, that I can get the hell out of Michigan. While moving my stuff into my car, I had my headphones blasting "Don't Stop Believing" because I can relate to the song, being from Detroit.

I finally convinced my parents to let me move out into a different state, they wished that I continued to go to collage but after I got partnered on YouTube I decided to quit and peruse my career, which I love so much, I guess my parents didn't care that much, they just want me to be happy.

"Is that all your stuff?" My dad said.

"Pretty much, if I forget anything you can always ship it out here."

"All set to go? I wanna get there pretty fast and be on the next flight back." My older brother, Kaiden, is very impatient. He gets it from my father.

"Yeah I think that's it."

I kissed and hugged my mother goodbye, as well as my other older brother, Liam and younger sister, Selena. They all seemed pretty sad which made me regret this, but I knew they would get over it.

I grabbed my bag and took one last look at the house before driving away.

(Driving and stuff so I'm skipping it)

(Riley's POV)

Oh my god, I cannot believe that I am actually here in LA. It's a dream come true.

"Are you all good to get settled in by yourself?'

"Yeah I think I'm alright." I knew how to put things together pretty well.

"Alright well, I guess I will be heading home"

I hugged Kaiden goodbye and once he left I couldn't help but scream of joy, and I danced all around my apartment like an idiot.

"I guess I should start unpacking, or should I go shopping for some food?" I asked myself.

I think food is more important here., but I should get my gaming setup done first.

(A few hours later after setting up the gaming setup)

(Riley's POV)

After setting up, I was starving, so I decided to go grocery shopping. I walked out of my apartment and bumped into somebody sending us both to the ground.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry!" I said.

"It's alright, are you okay?" He says standing up, sticking his hand out to help me up.

I grab his hand and stand up, "Yes." I look at him. He had really deep brown eyes, dark brown hair which was mostly covered by his beanie, but he was really cute.

"I'm Jordan, and you are?"

I knew who he was. CaptainSparklez. I collaborated with him a while back with Adam (SkyDoesMinecraft) and Ryan (xRpMx13). I never used facecam on my videos so he probably didn't notice who I am.

"I'm Riley. I just moved in here a few hours ago"

"Oh cool, I'm just down the hall...have I seen you before?"

"You might of, well actually yes and no...I have a Youtube Channel. RileyGaming ring any bell?" I said awkwardly.

"Oh my God, yes I remember you! We played Build It or something like that?"

"Yeah a few months back...um...It was really great meeting you face to face!"

"Yeah, would you be down for a little Minecraft later?"

"Totally, just call my Skype in like a hour or so."

"Works for me, see ya later Riley"

I knew my face was red and hot. I could feel it. I went out of the apartment complex and bought some food, and just after I made myself dinner and ate it, the Skype call appeared.

"Hey Jordan!"

"Hey! You wanna play some Hunger Games?"

"Sure!"

After an hour and a half of footage was recorded, I won more times then Jordan did because he isn't really good with bows and arrows, and when we were the last 2 alive, we would shoot each other with arrows.

"Well Jordan, it was fun playing with you! I'm sure my fans will be very happy" I laughed.

"Yeah, we should do this more often, next time I'll invite Ryan to join us!"

"Sounds cool! Well, see ya later Captain!"

"Haha, okay see ya"

I ended the Skype call and I looked at the clock, 8:13 PM. No wonder I was so tired since the time gap between California and Michigan is three hours apart. I go into my bag and pull out a t-shirt and sweatpants and went to sleep.

-----------------------

A Love Like This is rated R for strong language, sexual content, drug/alcohol use, and the subjects of rape and abuse.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Copyright © ehmaleeh 2013
All Rights Reserved.