Chapter 19 - Finally A Family

Riley's POV

"How are you feeling Ri?" Jordan asked while we were driving to the funeral home.

"I feel sad and pissed off."

"Why are you pissed off?"

"I am pissed of that that fucking drunk driver had to hit my brother. He should be the one in a casket. My brother was an innocent fucking person. He sure didn't fucking deserve this." I was swearing up a storm.

"I am always here if you need to talk, and you know that."

"The thing that pisses me off the most has to be the fact that Harper won't know her Uncle Liam."

"It will be hard to explain to her."

We arrived at the funeral home and met up with my dad, brother, sister and step-mom in the parking lot and were escorted into the funeral room.

"I...I don't know if I can walk in there..." I couldn't walk in there and see my brother's body lying there, it would kill me.

"Its okay...I am here with you." He grabs my hand and we walk in there. I see my brother and just burst into tears, sending Selena into worse tears.

I grab her and hug her for a long time and we cried.

A lot of people came and said their goodbyes and met Harper for the first time.

Once everyone said goodbye, it was time for the dominant family to say goodbye.

"Can I just...be alone for a minute?"

"Of course, lets go wait outside for her." Everyone started to leave

"Jordan...stay please." If he wasn't in there, I would have gone into a panic attack.

He nodded and sat down far away from the casket, so I could say whatever I wanted and he wouldn't hear, but I knew he was there for me.

I stood over the casket; tears running down my face.

I grabbed his pinkie "I always kept my promise, now promise me this, promise me that you will watch over Jordan, Harper and I. Harper is getting to be so big its crazy. I just want you to promise me that you will always be there." I let go of his pinkie and walk out of the room, Jordan then follows.

Then my dad approached us. "Hey, um...we are short a pall bearer, Jordan could you please?"

Jordan hesitated but I asked him to do it for me and he agreed.

He carried him out and we got into our car and drove to the cemetery. And he was embedded into the soil, and we left.

We decided to stay at my dad's place, and so did Kaiden and Selena.

Kaiden and Selena were playing with Harper when my dad asked if I could talk. I agreed and walked into his bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Riley...I am so sorry about Der-"

"Dad, It's fine. It's all over with I promise."

"Why didn't you tell me? I mean, you were pregnant!"

"We just decided to keep quiet. To you and Selena. We just thought it was the best option. I mean, you liked him a lot and I was afraid you would do something so stupid that would ruin your life."

My dad sighed and hugged me. "I just wish you told me on better circumstances."

"I agree. But right now this isn't what we need to focus on, you need to be there for Selena and Kaiden. I mean, you lost custody of your own daughter. She needs to know that you are there for her even though she lives 2,000 miles away."

I knew that Selena would never go to him for help, she would either call me or Kaiden, but it was saddening to think that she would never have a dad that would be there for her, and hope that she never goes through what I had to, but what else can I say to make him at ease?

"I want to trust me."

"Then stop fucking drinking."

He sighed "You know I'm trying."

"Well try harder, for Kaiden, Me, Selena and Liam."

"I will."

"So I am going to throw all of it away, right now."

His face turned to shock and then it went away and nodded.

I walked into the kitchen and found all the alcoholic drinks and threw them in the trash.

"Harper is so cute!" Selena said.

I sat down beside her. "Yeah she is, she takes after her father." I smiled.

"I think she looks more like you." Jordan chuckled.

"Well when her features come through we will see."

After a few hours of spending time with my family, Jordan and I went out to eat.

"Thanks for taking me out, even though you weren't familiar with Michigan"

"Haha, yeah I did pretty good."

"So why take me to someplace nice?"

"Because I love you and your my girlfriend."

I laughed "Yeah I guess that's a good reason."

"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you and watch Harper grow up, but there's one thing I want to do first."

He grabbed my hand and pulled the promise ring of my finger and reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box and got down on one knee.

"Oh my god." I covered my mouth in astonishment.

"Riley Marie Anderson, will you marry me?"

"Yes!! Of course!"

He smiled and put the ring on my hand where the promise ring was and slipped the engagement ring on.

After dinner we went back to the house and gave everyone the news, and this time, everyone was excited. I decided to vlog with Jordan to tell everyone else the news.

"Hey guys! Riley and Jordan here and we have more exciting news! We are getting married! And the date we planned on getting married on July 23rd which is in 5 months. I do plan to record it so you all can be there in spirit and everything! More new is that Harper turned 2 months today and is finally able to sit up, but she cannot walk yet. I also wanted to thank all of you for you kind wishes because of my brothers passing. I love you all very much. Thanks for all your support and I will see you back with more Minecraft in a week or sooner.

I ended the video and posted it and played with Harper for a bit.

"We are finally a family now."
--------------

Okay so this chapter was LONG overdue and I am sorry about that.

I have been trying to update my other fanfiction more so it can get a steady start.

But I think I should be okay now.

Thanks for Reading!

Much Love<3

-Emily