Chapter 11

"Just feeling my belly. I'm thinking about the baby." Emma shrugs as best she can while laying down.

"Are you nervous?" Regina asks then, and Emma laughs quietly.

"If a new mom isn't nervous, there's something wrong with them." Emma says, shifting in the bed in order to tuck herself into Regina. The brunette runs her fingers through blonde strands and begins to hum to fill the empty space. Eventually Emma's face smoothes into a calm expression and Regina continues singing as they both fall asleep.

~~~

"Regina." Emma says, staring at herself in the full length mirror in their bedroom. Regina stops putting on her make-up momentarily to call out from the bathroom.

"Yes dear?"

"Come here." Emma tells her, not taking her eyes off the mirror.

"What for?" Regina asks, continuing to carefully and expertly apply her eyeliner.

"Just... come here!" Emma declares impatiently. When Regina comes out of the bathroom with a sigh, she finds Emma still looking at herself in the mirror.

"What are you doing?" Regina wonders as she comes closer.

"I have a bump." Emma says quietly.

"You what? I'm going to need you to speak up." Regina says, coming up behind Emma.

"I said that I have a bump, old woman. Get a hearing aid." Emma teases, and Regina laughs while poking Emma's side. 

"Let me see your bump." Regina says instead of firing back a retort. Emma turns and, standing there in her bra and underwear, shows off a side view of her body. Just barely there but still noticeable is the way her stomach pushes out.

"It kind of looks like a food baby." Emma shrugs, and then looks back up at Regina.

"A food baby?"

"You know, when you eat too much and you're bloated so your stomach kind of pushes out." Emma explains with a grin on her face and Regina rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to finish my make-up." Regina says and then saunters back into the bathroom.

"It's a real thing!" Emma calls out, and hears Regina cackle evilly from the bathroom. Emma pulls on a pair of jeans and a button-up shirt as well as a pair of socks before running downstairs for a bowl of cereal. When she's putting her bowl into the dishwasher Regina and Henry both come downstairs. Henry begins to eat breakfast as Regina pours herself some coffee and Emma downs a glass of orange juice to wash down some vitamins. They move around each other and bend and flow as they always do in the morning. As they go upstairs, each one finishes their routines and go their separate ways for the day. 

~~~

"Good morning deputy. How's it going?" Graham asks Emma as she walks through the door to the station. 

"I'm good. And you, sheriff?" She smiles.

"Izzy was up almost all night so I'm a little tired but otherwise healthy. How's the baby?"

"Making a show." Emma admits with a smile. Graham looks over at her stomach and she laughs. "It's not noticeable yet unless you peer really close."

"Oh okay." Graham laughs. "Your turn in the cruiser this week but you just need to finish your paperwork." 

"Yes sir." Emma mock salutes him and he laughs before retreating into his office. She spends the morning doing paperwork and and refining some old sheets and forms from the few days before.