Chapter 31

"Oh really?" Regina mocks her, making eye contact with the girl in the mirror.

"Yes, really. Deep down you agree with me even though you're too stubborn to say it." Tink smiles softly before walking out of Regina's view.

"I found a dress! You're going to look amazing." Tink calls out, and Regina rolls her eyes.

~~~

When they show up at the bar there's already plenty of people there, drinking and playing games. Regina feels so uncomfortable in the tight dress Tink forced onto her, and her hair is done in a way she hasn't had it done for a long time. 

"Don't be so damn stiff. Let's get you a drink." Tink groans, grabbing Regina's hand and pulling her to the bar. "I think shots are in order."

"I'm not doing shots with my employee." Regina scoffs as Tink gestures to the bartender.

"You did them with me at your engagement party like what, six years ago?" Tink laughs, passing her a shot glass. "You didn't seem to mind then. Now, come on. It's a friday."

"Fine. But only because I know you won't give in." Regina tells her, and then the two of them tap their glasses on the bar before throwing them back. Regina coughs a bit, grimacing at the burning feeling in her throat. 

"God. What was that?" Regina groans.

"Tequila. You didn't think I'd give Mayor Tolerance vodka shots, did you?" Tink gives her a shit-eating grin and then hands her a slice of lime. 

"Oh how kind." Regina stares at her with narrowed eyes. Tink laughs before calling to the bartender to get another couple of shots.

~~~

"I can't believe I convinced you to take me to a party." Emma moans as Ruby pulls up at the bar.

"Quit bitching and get over it. We're here now, you look hot as fuck, and I'm ready to get liquored." Ruby grins, and Emma pouts.

"God, you're worse than Izzy when she doesn't want to go to school." Ruby rolls her eyes and parks, undoing her seatbelt before twisting towards Emma. "I'm serious. You've been mopey and whiny for like three weeks. It's time for you to have fun." 

"Fine, but only because you won't stop bothering me 'till I do." Emma huffs, and then gets out of the car. "I can't believe I let you talk me into heels though. I feel clumsy." 

"But your ass looks amazing, and you don't look clumsy."

"I haven't worn heels since my wedding." Emma makes the remark without thinking, and then Ruby watches her face drop.

"Hey, don't make that face. We're going to have a good time tonight, and you'll feel better." Ruby rubs Emma's arm, and she smiles. 

"Okay." Emma takes a deep breath in. "Okay." 

"Okay." Ruby echoes, and then the two of them enter the bar.

Regina takes her third shot as the bell above the door jingles. She swallows the hard liquor before turning to see who walked through the door. Her emotions, mixed with the few fresh ounces of alcohol in her blood, makes her brain stop functioning when she sees Emma walk through the door. Her mouth drops open at the sight of her wife in a tight, hot pink dress and high black pumps. Emma's pin-straight blonde hair falls to the middle of her back, and Regina's mouth goes dry at the look.

"Is that Emma? She looks different." Tink comments, even though she knew that Ruby was going to doll her up.

"Yeah, she does." Regina says, absentmindedly. Tink smirks when she realizes that Regina has not stopped staring at Emma since she walked into the room.