17. Flashbacks and Kiss-and-tells

Hey guys, I'm back :) 

I took a break from Proxy to fully enjoy my summer before getting to work on it again. And in the meantime I have some new inspo and I'm ready to write some more! 

+

«DAY 10»      

Lissa

I wake up from the couch with a long stretch of my legs, which were crumpled underneath me while I slept. The weariness of my limbs makes me feel like one of those disgustingly horrifying zombies from the Walking Dead as I trudge out of the living room and into the washroom. There, I lean my hands on the sink and get a good look at my exhausted self in the mirror. I should pluck my brows, I realize with a small frown. They're getting long, and I doubt Amber would leave them to become unkept by a single hair. Other than that, there's nothing new except for the formation of dark circles under my eyes that brings a sigh to my lips.

Last night's events were a mess, and so were my thoughts, jumbled all around my mind like random puzzle pieces.

But not only did Luke and I return late at night from our random return flight from California and cause Ben to go off at Luke, Luke also cornered me against the wall, only for a group of fans to actively search out our hotel room, and then Michael and I ended up alone and completely made out.

Jesus, Michael and I'd made out.

With this horrifying reminder, I quickly slap water on my face with angry energy, then slip on a white embellished tee and corduroy shorts (some of Amber's rare pieces of casual clothing). Pulling my ratty hair into a pony, I make my way to the kitchen as quietly as I can, not wanting to bump into to anyone that may be awake.

But of course - despite my wishes, Calum is standing right in the middle of the kitchen. He'd just finished pouring himself a cup of coffee, turning around when he hears me. As always, he's cute and soft-spoken, sporting a small hoodie and grey sweatpants that hang low on his hips. When I approach him, he hands me his steaming cup, and takes another from the cupboard for himself - as if he knows exactly how I like my caffeine in the morning. Black, sometimes but not always with two spoonfuls of sugar. I smile in gratitude, knowing Calum's the only person I genuinely get along with in this place. 

It might've been Michael or even Luke- as I'd thought once, but both were proved otherwise last night.

"Good morning," Calum says, closing the lid on the coffee machine again and sending it whirring. He looks to me with his palms on the marble counter, raising a brow. 

"By the way," he says. "What did you and Michael do after Ashton and I went to bed last night?"

I accidentally swallow too fast and burn my tongue on the steaming coffee. "Um. Well-" Focused on the new, sharp pain in my mouth, I put the cup down on the counter. Then the memories from last night rush back in an instant, making me wince.

I'd known what Michael did to that glass of water before I'd even taken a sip. And in a heated moment of  carefully-constructed thought and anger and god knows what, my lips eagerly pressed against Michael's, making a moan escape from him.

Michael seemed to know exactly how and where this was leading. And it escalated, fast. His rough hands pawed at my calves and climbed up to grab around my thighs, hitching them up around his hips to pin my body against the seat of the sofa. It was the first time I'd kissed anyone- okay, at least that's what I'd thought, until Michael showed me that photo of Luke on the plane- but it was definitely the first time I'd kissed anyone back. And I still wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do, especially with Michael.