Silence.

Small Recap~
Dave was shocked, he expected Karkat to respond with confusion and anger, but he was.. interested? In Dave? Huh.

"Nah, same thing. Still single as always, but I'm not complaining about it too much."

Karkat nodded, and there was more awkward silence. It was unbearable.

"Hey, there's some cafe or something nearby, how 'bout it?"

Karkat looked at Dave with a soft smile, and nodded slowly. He spoke in a more soft and quieter voice when he responded. "SURE..."

Dave couldn't bear it. The soft smile, the quiet and small voice, it was too much. Without even realizing, he muttered under his breath. "goddamnitthatwasadorable"

"WHAT?"

"what"

Dave's face was flushed in a bright red, and he couldn't look away from the road, not for one second. He already mentally punched himself about fifty times, and tried not to look too embarrassed. Karkat had acted as though he was confused, but he wasn't. He knew what Dave said, but didn't comment on it. Instead, he sat there trying to hide his now bright red face.

~10 Minutes Later~

Ten minutes later, they both arrived at the cafe. As they walked through the front doors, they were both smacked in the face by the warmth and sweet aroma of the coffees and baked goods. Karkat found himself an empty seat and watched Dave as he gave his order to the barista behind the counter. He seemed to know her, as they both laughed at what seemed like a joke. After a couple minutes, Dave sat down at the table with Karkat, and gave him his cup of coffee.

"..WHO WAS THAT? YOU SEEMED LIKE YOU KNEW HER OR SOMETHING.."

"Oh, the girl behind the counter? She's Jane Crocker, a friend of John's. We would talk when I come here, it's pretty chill."

Dave took a sip of his drink, and looked out the window. Karkat sighed, and looked up to Dave.

"DAVE... THERE'S BEEN WAY TOO MUCH SILENCE, WHY DON'T WE TRY TO FUCKING TALK FOR ONCE?"

"I would talk, but the problem is I don't know what to talk about."

"IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT ANYTHING, JUST SPEAK!"

Dave sighed, and just continued to drink his coffee.

"..OKAY. WHAT ABOUT THAT THING YOU SAID IN THE CAR?"

Dave almost choked on his drink, but was able to save himself from spitting everywhere.

"What.. What thing?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M FUCKING TALKING ABOUT. THE 'GOD DAMNIT THAT WAS ADORABLE' THING IN THE CAR."

Karkat was now raising his voice, causing the other customers to draw their attention towards them.
Dave was nervous and embarrassed. His face was red for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Well... I-"

Karkat didn't let him speak. He stood up and pulled Dave outside of the shop. They were now both outside, and away from the warmth of the cafe.

"Karkat- what are you-"

He cut him off again, but this time it wasn't with words. Karkat's lips were now pressed against Dave's, and Dave was still processing the situation.
~~~~~~~~~~
(I'M ON A DAMN ROLL WITH THESE CHAPTERS IM PROBABLY GONNA END UP FINISHING THE WHOLE THING WITHIN A FEW HOURS
-FHS)