Prove.

Small Recap~
Suddenly, Karkat let out a loud snore.
A really loud snore. He somehow managed to fall asleep within ten minutes, jeez.
John started laughing hysterically, while Dave chuckled and pulled Karkat into his lap. They continued their game for twenty more minutes while Karkat was asleep in Dave's lap.

2 Hours later, 1 AM.

Dave and John finished their last round of Super Smash Bros. before Dave looked up at the silver clock hung up on the wall.
"shit dude, it's really late, you should probably head home now"

"I would go home, but my dad would kill me if I came home so late and on my own!"

"man you're 17 and still going by your dad's rules, I feel kinda bad for you"

"Can it, Dave. Is it alright if I could stay the night here? I'll sleep on the couch, be gone in the morning, and out of your hair."

"yeah I guess it's alright, let me just get Kat into bed and I'll get some pillows and whatever for you"

John nodded, and Dave shakily stood up with Karkat in his arms. He almost fell right over on the floor from his legs being so numb. He managed to make his way to Karkat's room, where he placed the small troll in the pile of quilts and pillows. He pulled a blanket over Karkat and lightly kissed his temple before retrieving John's blankets from the nearby closet.

"alright, here"

Dave chucked the pillows and blankets directly at John's face.
John snickered, took off his glasses, and placed them on the coffee table in front of
the couch.

"Goodnight, loser."

"night, 'egg' bert"

Dave went back into the bedroom where Karkat slept in, and took off his shades. Instead of putting them down on his desk, he stood there and stared down at the shades for a solid minute. He thought to himself, and remembered that Karkat has never seen his eyes before. Would he be weirded out by it? Disgusted? Maybe even...

Afraid..?

No, he wouldn't. Trolls would consider red eyes a "normal" thing, even for humans. Dave eventually shook his head, placed the shades down, and slipped into the warm bed, cuddling next to Karkat. He softly smiled, and brushed some strands of hair out of Karkat's rested face.

NEXT DAY, 12 PM.

Karkat awoke alone in his bed again, shivering from the cold temperature of his room. He looked around for a few seconds, and noticed something at the corner of his eye...

Dave's shades were placed on the desk next to the bed.
Why would Dave take them off? He never does, not even around some of his closest friends. Karkat's heart rate picked up as he thought of the things that could've happened to Dave that would make him not wear his shades. He could've gotten up from bed last night, and got... kidnapped. Or even worse.

What? No, that's stupid. How could he have gotten kidnapped in the safety of a house, at such a random time through the night?
Karkat stood up from the bed and picked up Dave's shades, holding them closely to his chest. If something did happen to Dave, he wanted to at least keep something for memory.

He stepped out into the hallway cautiously, and got hit with the familiar smell of pancakes. He sighed a sigh of relief, and loosened his grip on the shades. He walked through the living room and into the kitchen, where he found Dave cooking pancakes at the stove. Dave's back was facing Karkat, so Karkat couldn't see his face, or his eyes.