Chapter 13

His desires momentarily satiated, the Goblin King lounged replete in his bed, eyes closed and his lovely Sarah snuggled warmly into his arms, fast asleep. Though not tired, Jareth had no intention of moving even one inch. He was happier and more content than he had ever been in his very long life and he intended to enjoy it as much as possible. Sighing in satisfaction, he had put his chin on the top of Sarah's head, still savoring the wonderful sensations that had rippled through him only moments before.

He gave a quiet chuckle deep in his throat as he was forced to admit to himself that it had happened again. For a second time, his sweet Sarah, without the benefit of one ounce of magic had gotten the better of the Goblin King.

Even now, while resting in bed, Jareth could feel the gossamer light tugs of ancient magic that were weaving a soul deep connection between himself and Sarah. Though gentle and ethereal, in time it would bind Sarah and the Goblin King a thousand times more strongly than any magic Jareth could ever create. Slowly and inexorably, the bond would tie them together for the rest of their existence.

Magic and emotion made up the very core of a Fey's life. Love and sex were no different. If a Fey felt too strongly or cared too deeply for their lover, they ran the risk of creating a magical connection between them that could be difficult and dangerous to sever. That was why the Goblin King, like many other Fey, had always chosen casual sex with indifferent partners who only sought the same brief physical release as he. It was something momentarily enjoyed and promptly forgotten.

Making love with a human partner who returned that love, however, was a completely different matter. By taking a Fey as her first lover and returning his love, Sarah had unknowingly invoked one of the most powerful and ancient forms of magic: soul bonding. Jareth knew beyond any doubt that Sarah loved him as much as he loved her. The soul bonding could not have begun so quickly or progressed so far in such a short time if she did not return his feelings.

Jareth had intended using his own magic to create a similar connection through the ancient Fey ritual. It was just like his ingenious Sarah to find a way to accomplish it first all on her own, thus beating him at his own game so to speak. Once again, she had bested the great Goblin King and, frankly, he couldn't be happier about it. Ruefully, Jareth wondered if he had ever truly been in charge for one moment since his lovely Sarah had returned to him and the Goblin Kingdom. Though she was supposed to be in his power, he couldn't help admitting to himself that he had been completely enthralled by Sarah from the first moment he had set eyes on her again.

Jareth's smile grew wider as he realized that his Sarah had spared him the terrible and dangerous magic draining exhaustion that the Fey ritual caused. Now he was free to use his own magic to guide and influence the development of their new magical connection to the benefit of them both. Jareth wondered what his lovely Sarah would make of her soon to develop magical abilities. If the strength of their magic connection now was any indication, Jareth had no doubt that in a century or two, Sarah's power might actually rival his own! Truthfully, he didn't mind one bit. The Goblin King was tired of being alone and the thought of Sarah at his side for the rest of their combined existence pleased him more than anything ever had.

Sarah gave a contented sigh of her own and snuggled deeper into Jareth's embrace. The Goblin King hadn't been able to resist using a little touch of magic to send his sweet Sarah off into a warm and comfortable sleep. Though he full intended to continue their passion later, he had enjoyed the warm comfort of Sarah's lovely form snuggled to his own too much to prevent her from drifting into a sweet repose. In time, he closed his own eyes to drift off as well.

Some time later, Jareth awoke and instantly knew he was alone. Behind closed eyes, he frowned. Then, just as he was about to open his eyes and begin seeking Sarah, his keen Fey hearing pick up the distant sound of running water in the direction of the bathroom.

After a moment, the door opened and Jareth heard Sarah's soft footsteps on the marble floor. Strangely, she didn't return to bed right away. Jareth could hear her walk very softly over to his side of the bed. Some time during the night, the covers had slid down to settle low on his waist, right below his navel. Though he was tempted to look, curiosity got the better of the Goblin King and he forced himself to remain still, feigning sleep.

After hesitating for a moment, Sarah gingerly sat down on the edge of his side of the bed. Within seconds, Jareth felt a feather light silken caress that could only be Sarah.

Delicately, she ran a fingertip over the lines and curves of the Goblin King's face, tracing his brow line and gliding tenderly down his jaw. Though his passion was flaring, Jareth reveled in Sarah's light caress and stayed immobile. Sarah's touch soon strayed lower gliding softly over his chest and tracing his ribs. As she reached the edge of the covers, Sarah hesitated.

As she had exited the bathroom, Sarah hadn't been able to resist coming over to gaze at the Goblin King. Though she had been a very willing participant in their lovemaking earlier, she had beentotally overwhelmed by their intensely shared passion. In the end, she had so swept away by her desires that she hadn't even paused to relish the wonderful sensations. With Jareth asleep, his obvious sensuality a bit muted, Sarah had felt confident enough to do little exploring of her own. The lines of Jareth's upper body were perfectly formed and drew Sarah's touch like a magnet. Still, she only dared use her fingertips for fear of waking Jareth. His skin had been like warm silk and she had reveled in the feel of it. But, when she reached his waist, her courage faltered.

Through half closed lids, Jareth had watched in fascination at the slowly developing passion on Sarah's face. Sarah's countenance was so expressive, he could read her emotions even without the benefit of their growing bond. He smiled as he saw Sarah's confidence falter, knowing it was only due to her inexperience. In one swift move, he kicked back the covers, surprising Sarah as he fully revealed himself.

"Don't stop now, little Sarah." he said in a gentle but mocking tone. "Things were just beginning to get interesting." Unfortunately, all of Sarah's former bravado immediately fled and she couldn't suppress a deep blush.

Laughing tenderly, Jareth sat up and pulled Sarah back into bed. Ever so gently, he took her wrist and guided her hand back to his lower abdomen.

"It's all right, my sweet love." he said quietly. "I love the feel of your touch."

Intrigued, Sarah allowed Jareth to guide her hand to his manhood. As he showed her how to stroke him, he couldn't suppress a groan of pleasure as Sarah tightened her shy grip.

Her sweet, firm touch soon had Jareth's desires blazing to life once again.

He pulled Sarah quickly over on top of him, unable to stand more of her pleasurable torture. It was a novel experience for the Goblin King, since he had never before allowed any lover to take the dominant position. It had nothing to do with any archaic male sentiment; he simply had never felt close enough to any other lover to allow them this intimacy. As he drove into Sarah, he had whispered his pleasure at her touch into her ear, causing her to cry out loudly as they met in each thrust. His wonderfully erotic words and strong thrusts had quickly sent them both over the edge to an earth shattering climax that left them both gasping for breath once again.