The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 1

Her long leg dangles from the edge of the building, the other under her. Her brown eyes monotonously look over the school complex like a predator, scouting for any potential threat or annoying girl sneaking around the campus. She wore the Cross Academy uniform, a red band proof of her authority in the Disciplinary Committee. Her chocolate colored skin shown in the moonlight and yet she hides her presence well. Her wild curls fell to her shoulders, few strands on her serene face. Strange, gold bracelets and anklets with ancient symbols show as a warning to not test her. It was almost time, time for the transition for the night class. She suddenly heaved a sigh at a change in atmosphere and briefly smiled, bracing herself.
'Three...two...one..'

"Makeda! This time I got you!!"

She swiftly leaped up, causing her sister Yuki to fall on her face with a thud. Makeda landed behind her before squatted down to her level. "..Are you alright?" She said while holding back a smile.

Yuki rubbed her head and pouted at her. "Ow ow oww! That's not fair, Makeda! You got me again!" Makeda laughed softly before helping Yuki up. "You are breathing too hard. I can hear when you approach." She dusted some dirt off of Yuki's blouse. "Also, one does not announce their presence when trying to catch someone off guard." Makeda slightly smirks at Yuki's face palming before returning to her serene face.

"What are you two doing?"

They both turned to face their adopted brother Zero approaching. Silver hair shining in the light and lilac colored eyes brighten at Makeda. "Ah Zero! I missed her again.." Yuki mumbled. Zero looked at her and shook his head. "You idiot.." He whispers under his breath. "What did you say?!" Yuki yelled and punched his shoulder. Makeda shows a small smile at the two arguing then walks in between them. "Now now, do not argue. The gate will open... We must go." Yuki and Zero became serious and nodded before following Makeda.

~~~~

The trio stood behind the gates on guard. Makeda smiles at her flustered sister, secretly knowing why. She turned her attention as the gate opens, many forms walking towards them through the cover of darkness. The night class had never disappoint when it comes to the grace and elegant department. All of them were beautiful, but Makeda knew they were deadly.

VAMPIRES..

She always fought her instincts of 'flight or fight.' Makeda did have it at a very young age. Anyone would if they knew. But a Pureblood was here, no one would dare try anything with him around under his rule. Makeda saw Kaname Kuran as a lion, watching over his pride. Her mouth twitched upwards as he approached Yuki to greet her, her face beginning to turn red. Yuki had this crush since they both were little, Makeda could tell even as she tried to understand everything.

"..keda! Makeda, goodness!"

Makeda suddenly blinked and found herself staring into hazel colored eyes of one of the vampires. "Honestly.. What in the world were you thinking about? I was calling you!" The young woman crossed her arms. Makeda grinned sheepishly and waved at her.

"I apologize, Ruka- Senpai..!" Makeda flinched as she felt a tap on her nose. "It's just Ruka! You still haven't grown out of that.. And when were you going to tell me that you were injured last week?" Makeda shrinked back a bit from her glare. "It was nothing to worry about." Ruka continues to stare at her before sighing in defeat. Ruka cupped her hands on the younger woman's face. "But I DO worry.. Please tell me next time when you are going to fight level E vampires. Understand?" Makeda's eyes widen before looking down. "Yes, Ruka.. I.. Am sorry." Ruka brushed her thumbs on her cheek before releasing her.

"Ruka.."

Both turn to Kaname walking to them. Kaname was the one to call if a vampire broke the rules on campus. "Good evening Kuran-Senpai." Makeda returned to her calm, business-like face. Makeda respects him after it took a while of opening up in her younger years. He was always kind to her and Yuki. So she always was on attention when he was near. The said man sighed and shook his head, a bit of disappointment in his eyes. "It is just Kaname. I'm sorry, but we must go to class. I will scold you later, Makeda.." Kaname and Ruka had a brief stare down before walking towards their dorms, leaving Makeda in a bit of confusion. "Hey.. Let's go." Makeda looks up a Zero. He pats her head before walking, Makeda and Yuki following behind.

~~~

"What?!? I do not!!" Yuki blushed and stomped her foot. Both Yuki and Makeda were back at the dorm rooms getting ready for a few hours of sleep. Makeda looks to her with a teasing gaze and grin. "Yuki.. I can see it in you since we were kids. It is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about." Yuki was stubborn and it was hard to convince her, though Makeda was one to talk. "I do not like Kaname-Senpai!! Hey! Are you hiding your laugh?! Don't look away!"

"Yuki! Get back to your room!!" A voice boomed from the hallway. Makeda laughed at her sister shrinking.

'Hopefully tomorrow will not be too rowdy..'

Thank You For Reading!