The Prey Attracts the Predators Chapter 7

Zero grabbed his chest in pain as he breathed heavily, stumbling through the Day Class hallway. His craving getting stronger. That he knew for certain. 

The question was how long will he last?

"Zero!!"

He flinched at the voice and try to straighten himself out. He turned to find Yuki running towards him. "What is it?" Zero eyes raised at Yukis face of concern. "Have you seen Makeda? We have to patrol soon, and it's been a while since I've seen her. She's not out in the fields or at the horse stables!" Zero did not show it, but he was worried as well for Makeda. "I'm sure she will turn up.. I'll keep an eye out and let her know that you are looking for her." Yuki nodded at Zeros proposal and ran to the Chairmans office. Zero let out a deep breath and continued through the hall. He must calm down before finding her, before he could even face her.

~~~~~~

Makeda shyly put on her clothes, still ruffled after what happened in the bath. Ruka had to help her up, a gleeful expression on her face. "Are you leaving already?" Ruka pouted as she brushed her long hair, her naked form covered in her bathrobe. "Yes, I received a call that a level E vampire is on the loose in the forest near the city." Makeda's tone turned serious as she snapped her bracelets on. Her eyes widen as she felt her hand grabbed. "Can't you stay? You know I always hate when you do this." Makeda turned to Ruka worried look and softly smiled. "I must... it is my duty."

"No one asked you to, Makeda! Let the others do it!" Makeda shook her head and pulled her hand away. "I simply cannot allow my friend or sister to be harmed. Are you saying that I just leave them?" Makeda questions as she bends down and snaps the anklets around her ankles. Ruka sighed in frustration and rubbed her temples, knowing she couldn't talk her out of it. "I forget how STUBBORN you are." Makeda knew this fact already, but she needed to go and clear her head. It felt so strange, her body still felt warm and would shiver even after her release.
"I swear, Makeda if you get ONE more scratch-" Ruka made what sounded like a growl.
"I will not." Makeda promised and headed towards the door. "Makeda..." The said women turned to Rukas crossed arms and expression. "I'll be looking for more scars again." Makeda looked away, heat slowly rising from her necks to her cheeks remembering her and Ruka in the bath. She nods and leaves, intent on finding Zero and Yuki.

~~~

Makeda knows what had happened was different, but it was difficult to understand it. "Makeda!" Snapping out of her thoughts, she turns to find Yuki tackle her into a hug. Yuki pulled away in shock and stepped back. "What is it?" Makeda looks at her in concern. "You... usually dodge so well. is something wrong?? Are you sick?" Her eyes widen at Yuki's observation. 

It's true. 

Makeda doesn't know why either. 

Shaking her head, Makeda patted her adopted sister hair. "I'm just under the weather. I'll be fine, I promise!" Yuki stared at her in doubt before giving up. "Okay... If you promise. Zero doesn't seem very well so we are going to go without him." It was Makeda's turn to look at her with concern. "Zero... doesn't feel well?" Makeda put her hand on her shoulder and squeezed. "Yuki, I must ask you a favor." Yuki nodded, waiting on her to continue. "Can you please stay and watch Zero? Take care of him?" Yuki huffed and crossed her arms in protest. "No way! You ALWAYS do this!! Trying to do things yourself without telling me!!" Makeda groaned softly, knowing that Yuki is just as hardheaded as she was. "Yuki... Ah, look there is Zero!" Makeda pointed behind her sister bewildered. "Zero?" Yuki turned to the direction to find... no one.

"Wait..."

Yuki growls as a realization hits her. She whirled back around to find Makeda... gone. "Uuurrgh! She got me again?!" Yuki huffed at being tricked again and ran to find Zero.

~~~

Makeda walked through the town looking around carefully, using all of her senses to track the level E Vampire. Yes, Makeda was nothing more than a hunter. A force as powerful as the wildlife of the African continent. She suddenly stopped as she spotted a young couple, laughing and walking around a corner of a bakery. She quickened her pace as she felt a surge. 'There is a small amount of time.'

~~~
"You know you are the most beautiful woman I ever seen in my life." The man nuzzles her neck and breathes in. "Oh honey... You are so sweet..." she giggles and whispers in his ear, her grip tightening around him.

"I'm so thirsty."

She opens her mouth and screeches as someone grabbed her hair from behind. "I cannot allow that." Makeda pulled harder until she was lifted and thrown to the wall with ease. "What the hell?!" The man jumped as Makeda laid a hand on his face. "Nothing has happened here. Go home and get some sleep." Her bracelets and anklets glow with her words, causing his eyes to cloud and a dazed smile appears on his face. "Yes ma'am..." He stepped back, walked away back into town and disappeared. "Well, aren't you a fun killer!" Makeda whirled and blocked a punch with her hand with ease. "I tend to be with killers that do as they please." Makeda grunts as she misses a kick, dodging a set of claws and jumps backwards. "Honey, its called survival in my world. Lookin' in your eyes, YOU know what I mean.." Makeda took a breath and put one foot back, the glow of her anklets and bracelets grew brighter. Her aura bursting with the might of Africas mightiest animals, until a silhouette of one of the fastest land animal appears.

"I do know

"I do know.."

Thanks for reading!