The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 5

The moon illuminated the Night classroom, giving it a eerie but beautiful glow. The Night Class gave attention to the teacher, but they knew who the real leader was sitting on his throne. Kaname sat with one elegant leg over the other, his brown eyes scan the page of the book he reads. "All of you, I assume, completed the following assignments on human behavior? It will be due next week." The professor asked, hands clasped behind his back. A few groans could be heard around the room. "Aww man! I forgot already!" Aido ruffles his blonde hair in frustration. Ruka sitting on top of her desk scoffs. She looks at her nails, already bored and wondering when class was over. "You are hopeless.." Aido stood up and glared at her when she addressed him. "What was that, you pampered poodle?!" A young man with Mahogany red hair behind Aido sighed, looking longingly at the ceiling. 

"I wonder if I can do my project on Makeda?" 

He wonders out loud, unaware of his words affecting others in the room. Glares from certain classmates all landed on the oblivious man. Kaname paused and looked at him through his long bangs. "AH! Ahahaha! Shiki, you kidder!" Kanames right-handed man with neatly kept blonde hair waved at him. "Huh? I wasn't kidding-" Shiki stopped as a box of Pocky was shoved in his face. "Hush and eat..." The girl with the pigtails whispered as Shiki grabbed one stick. "AHEM!" The professor coughed in irritation. "As I was saying.. The assignment will be due next week. Your results from your quiz from yesterday will arrive shortly." Kain yawned and put his hand on his chin, trying not to doze off. "Jeez.. I'm tired.." Aido pointed at him. "You were just asleep!!" The other blonde male shook his head at Aido having a tantrum. "It's true, Ichigo!! Yet I always get in trouble.." Ruka was getting irritated at all of the noise and stood up "That's because-" She suddenly froze at a familiar energy approaching the class. 'No, this is-!!' Everyone looked at the door when a knock was heard. 

"Ah.. You may enter, Makeda.."

The said woman opened the door, a stack of papers in her hand. Makeda smiled softly as she walked across the room to the teachers desk.  All of their eyes were on her, watching her every move, every sway of her hips and bounce of her hair. She was oblivious to their reactions to her presence. "Here you are professor.." She placed the stack on his desk and bowed. "Yes, thank you. I appreciate the help of the Disciplinary Committee! I was quite behind, you see." Makeda bowed again before exiting the room, unaware of her effect of the whole Night Class. 

"Now to continue with our lesson.."

~~~~

Makeda wandered through the Night Class halls in awe. Sure, she has been through here as a child, but the beauty and luxury takes her breath away every time.  Marble beams, expensive wooden tables, and Victorian style décor was just striking. She smiled when she remembered how she would run up and down the halls. The vampires would say hello to her and her sister Yuki. It was a sweet time to her compared to her life before.

"Makeda.." 

She perked and turned to the sound of her name. Kaname walked to her in long strides, his face showing concern to her confusion. "Kuran- I mean, Kaname-senpai, is everything alright-" "What in the world are you doing here?" Kaname questions her as he grabbed her shoulders. "You should NEVER be here at night.. What have I told you before? How many times must I tell you?" Makeda stepped out of his grasp and remained calm. "With all do respect, Kaname, I am capable of protecting myself. There is no need to fret! Besides, the Chairman asked me to help out." Kaname sighed in slight irritation at the thought. 'He did this on purpose.. He should know what would happen..!' He shook his head, reached up and caressed Makedas cheek. "I just worry about you, Makeda.. Do you not realize it?" Makeda gasped and looked away from the sudden statement. What is going on? Makedas stomach felt strange and she was nervous. Why, all of a sudden, can she not look at Kaname? She felt his hand cup her chin and turned her head to face him, warm brown eyes bore into hers. "What are you thinking of?" He whispers as his other arm wraps around her waist tenderly. His hand runs through her tight curls, smiling as Makeda sighs at the feeling of him massaging. "I remember how much you liked this as a child.. When you got used to my touch. It took a while, but it was worth every moment." Her eyes flutter as he brings her closer to him. " "K-Kaname..." Her eyes widen in shock, her voice...was that her? What is going on with her? Her hands go to his chest to push him. "Please I don't.." Kaname shushed her and pressed his lips to her forehead. "Makeda.. Its' alright. I will never harm you. It's strange what you are feeling right know. But believe me.." He leans and whispers in her ear, "I will see to it that it feels good.." Makeda shivered at his words and pulled from his grasp. So many things running through her, it's too much! "I.. I have to go!" Without hesitation, she turned and ran down the halls and out of the night class building. Kaname stood there, his eyes red and filled with need and determination. 

"I will make you mine.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yuki!! Makeda!! Kaname is here!!" She looked from her perch at the window to see little Yuki skipping happily to the kitchen. Makeda knew from the first time that Yuki was smitten with the young man, even though they were both kids. Makeda grew close with Yukis cheerful attitude and will protect her from any of the kids who try to mess with her at school. Makeda was an outsider, a strange being from a different environment and she was alright with that. She was able to be alone for so long in the vast savannah, the lush jungles fending for herself.  This place was no different to her. 

"Makeda?" She slightly glared at the man that had entered into her domain she claimed when she wanted space. Kaname chuckled and walked to her. "Hello to you too my dear.." She continued to stare cautiously as he sat down to her level. Her gaze went to his hand that twitched before reaching towards her. "Ah..." He winced as she bit down on his hand slightly. "Ha.. Still do not like me.." She looked up at him and noticed his eyes. Was..was he sad? Slowly she released, her eyes still on him thinking that he wasn't anyone harmful. Kanames eyes widen in shock before smiling. He reached up and caressed her cheek before running his hands through her curls, massaging. "You have beautiful hair, Makeda." He finally was able to touch her. Something within him felt so warm, so happy to be next to her. Gently he picked her up and sat on the windowsill, cradling her as he continues to stroke her hair. Makeda, the wild child herself, has closed her eyes and leaned on Kaname, falling into a deep slumber. 

"Makeda.."