Chapter 11

RILEY'S P.O.V

"You're dysfunctional." Toby rolled his eyes. "Oh my gosh, bro!"

"What?" I cleared my throat.

He gave me a death glare. "Seriously?"

"What? I didn't hear you."

My eyes gazed back to the room next to ours. Perfect spot. Her passion and the light in her eyes as she's talking with the fan. The way she randomly touched the tip of her nose everytime she cracked up laughing. I shouldn't stay in this room because we shouldn't meet that Anastasia girl just yet. But Arina...

And she looked back at me.

"Busted!" Toby literally grabbed whatever tiny part he could of my jacket and dragged me out.

"Don't tell Connor." I warned him.

"Don't tell me what?" Connor walked toward us.

"Nothing." I walked away fast.

"He almost made us-"

I glared Toby, and he stopped. This was gonna be the longest interview session because I know Connor wouldn't like it when we almost crossed the line. So I told people that I was gonna change instead, took the farthest way back to our tour bus where Lonnie was sleeping. Little did they know I was planning to stay in my bunk until perhaps one minute before the show.

"You should not do that." Suddenly her voice filled the room. "And the show is in fifteen."

"How was the, uh, fanfiction?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Cool. Anthony takes care of it, now the fans are pretty much attacking the merch table." She threw her sight everywhere. "It works."

"Thanks to you."

"Can you please not- Ergh, never mind."

I buried my head. We're complicated. Sigh, it's not even the right word. How could you tell a relationship complicated, when you don't even have one? Why should I feel so? Why her? Why now?

"I'm going back. Actually Connor sent me to check on you. So what now, you coming, or...?"

"Coming." I walked to the back part of the bus to do a quick change, then followed her back to the main building.

"There he is!" Toby chewed some candies. "Bro, you okay?"

"Yeah. Just tired and sleepy. What time do we have, James?" I set myself up.

"Ten, or less." James checked his stopwatch.

"Okay, ready!" Connor waved his hand telling me we should pray.

We said prayers and did a little more warm-up. Then it's time to hit the stage. The lights were dimmed. Chris started the drum roll. Everyone screamed our names. I glanced back at that pair of eyes, and left it right there, whatever unspoken talk we had.

***

ARINA'S P.O.V

I just wanted to focus on working. That's what I was told to do. Until he countlessly gave me that certain glance that I tried so hard not to misinterpret.

"Girl! Your book is a bomb! Almost sold out!" James managed to wave at me from across the room before he sneaked out.

"Actually it's sold out." Anthony came and high-five me.

"For real? Yeah! That's amazing! Teamwork right here." I hugged Anthony.

"You should give yourself a break. Take some rest tonight. I know you've done some idea sketches for tomorrow, right? But until the boys reveal the winner... Well about that, I think I'm gonna make them choose earlier so you can have more time to work." He sat on the couch, took a deep breath.

"It's fine by me, really. I'm enjoying this."

"Wait until ten days from now. You'll be out of your breath." He chuckled.

"Hahaha. I take my risk."

That night with Anthony, the first night of tour, went loud and bold. The band had another quick meet and greet with some fans who haven't left yet after the show. Some of them even pre-ordered the book that I wrote to Anthony, and asked it to be shipped to their mail address. How fun.

"Arina is my idol!" Toby screamed from the bathroom.

"Is that a compliment?" I replied to no one in particular. We're in the tour bus already. Everybody cracked up laugh.

"I guess?" Connor smirked. "Hey, we heard the book was a total success. Thank you for your crazy hard work."

"Learned it from the best." I smiled back to Connor. "Let's do this again."

"She's on fire." Anthony sassed me because he kept saying I should go to sleep earlier tonight but I didn't listen.

"That must be a compliment too. Thank you." I laughed. "Alright, good night people."

"Good night sis." Toby groaned from his closed bunk.

"Night, girl. Good job today." Connor smiled before closed his bunk curtain.

I plugged the earphone on with bunk still half opened. I didn't realize that today's glance competition wasn't over yet. Riley, whose bunk was across from me, stared straight at me without hesitation. This stage of competition made me extremely nervous, so I closed my bunk curtain after saying a quick good night.

To: Alessia
Less, help me. Riley is...

And sent.