Chapter One

Ten year old Harry Potter was sat on his cot in the cupboard. For ten years he was abused, starved and treated like dirt. When his parents died in a car crash leaving him behind, he was forced to live with his wretched aunt and uncle. His aunt, Petunia, lost their baby to a miscarriage and always held a grudge towards the little Potter boy. She resented the boy and allowed her husband to do what he wanted with the boy; he was only a burden anyway. Harry was slowly falling asleep when a loud bang crashed through the house.

"Freak! What are you doing?!" His uncle yelled. Harry curled within himself whimpering.

"Where are you Vernon?! Where is he?!" The unknown voice yelled. Harry quickly scurried up and peeped through the little cracks. There stood a man in front of his fat uncle with wavy dark hair going down to his shoulders. He stood holding a bat to his uncle as his uncle held a shotgun to him.

"Black, how did you get in my house?!" Uncle Vernon yelled.

"Tell me where Harry is! He's my godson and I have a right to him!" He yelled. Uncle Vernon held the gun to the strange man.

"We don't have Potter! We sent him to the orphanage when that oaf dropped him on our doorstep ten years ago!" He argued and the strange man growled. Harry whimpered loudly and the strange man's head snapped in his direction. Harry quickly jumped on his cot and curled into himself. The strange man opened the door quickly ignoring the shouts of the other man.

"Harry, is that you?" The man asked and Harry peeked out his head. "Harry?" The man asked again.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know my name." Harry whispered. The strange man closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Opening his eyes he gave Harry a smile.

"Your name is Harry love, Harry Potter. My name is Sirius Black. I'm your godfather. Would you like to come with me?" He asked softly. Harry blinked at the man and Sirius kneeled down so he was eye level with Harry. "Would you like to come live with me?" Sirius asked.

"You can't just take him!" Uncle Vernon growled. "I'm calling the police!" He declared. Sirius whipped around and glared fiercely at the fat man.

"Do it. I dare you." He hissed. "Then they can see how malnourished the boy was in your care." Sirius barked. Uncle Vernon blanched and he cleared his throat.

"Take the boy. But not a word of this to the police!" He mumbled and Sirius growled. He kneeled down and stuck out his hand for Harry to take. He frowned when Harry flinched and whimpered.

"Harry, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm gonna help you. Would you like to come with me?" Sirius asked gently. Harry nodded slowly and took the hand that was in front of him. In a quick movement, Harry lifted himself up off the cot and embraced the man tightly. Sirius sighed in relief and held his godson. He got to his feet and hissed at Vernon. "Where are his things?"

"His things? He has no things; I'm not bloody made out of money!" Vernon yelled.

"You're so lucky that I'm holding the boy you bastard." Sirius hissed and with that, Sirius stormed out of the house with a clingy Harry.

"Are you alright Harry?" Sirius asked as he was walking to his car.

"Yes sir."

"You can call me Sirius love." Sirius whispered and walked to the car.

"Okay Sirius." He said. Sirius opened the backseat and gently put Harry down. He gently buckled the little boy up and then shut the door. He got in the front seat and started off. Harry was looking out the window looking like he was going to doze off. It was pretty late so Sirius understood why the boy was so tired. Sirius spent years trying to get out so he could get custody of his godson. He was wrongly imprisoned but thanks to an old friend, he was released. The first thing he did was seek out Harry and get custody. An hour later, Sirius pulled into his driveway and stopped the car. He looked behind him and Harry was fast asleep. He got out of the car and went to the back seat, quietly retrieving Harry. The boy had none more than a flimsy tee shirt on and old boxer shorts. Sirius gently, without waking the boy, walked into his house and up the stairs. He walked into the room next to his and placed the boy down on the spare bed. He kissed his godson goodnight and walked into his room.