I have been in my room for quite a while now. All I have been doing is listening to Fall Out Boy and trying to do the last problem of math homework.

I said aloud to myself, "Why do I even do homework?"

Mom walked in at that exact moment and said, "So you can get an education."

I whipped around. I screamed, "Mom, I am trying to this math problem! I was in half concentration mode!" She just shook her head.

She sat on my bed and said, "Take out your earbuds. I have something else to tell you." I slowly take out my earbuds and turn to look at her. I felt my eyes widen.

Mom was wearing black leggings and a Fall Out Boy shirt. On her head she wore a black headband. She smiled and said, "You like it?"

I fell out of my chair, banging my head on the floor. I just sat there, pondering. I finally stood up, rubbing my head. I asked, "Since when did you like bands and black, Mom?" She shrugged and said, "I have guess I have a liking to it."

I looked at her with disbelief. I said, "In one day? Mom, you can't be serious. Is this something about next Tuesday?" She looked at me, confused. She asked, "You still remember me telling you that?"

I sighed. I said, "Well, yes. I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but yes."

Mom stood up. She said, "Well, I am gonna go run around the neighborhood. I will be back in maybe an hour." I nodded my head and walked back to my desk. I put my earbuds back in and replayed the song I was listening to.

After I finished that one math problem, I decided to call Alison.

Of course, Alison has an iPhone. I have a Samsung. I wish I had an iPhone, because almost everyone has them. Which is why I hate my phone so much.

I pressed the call button and waited for Alison to pick up. She didn't answer. It went straight to her voicemail. I groaned. She always has her phone off. Sometimes I wonder if she even uses her phone.

Just for a second try, I texted her.

Evie :
I kinda sorta just tried to call you. Can you call me back? Or is your phone turned off? :(

I know putting a sad face was unnecessary, but I did it anyway.

**********

As I got into bed with one of my band shirts on, my phone made a noise.

Maybe it was Alison!

I picked up my phone and checked my text messages. There was one from Alison.

Alison🙌 :
Sorry! I was eating dinner with my mom. You can tell what happened tomorrow, right?

Evie :
It's okay, I didn't know you were eating with your mom. I guess I can tell you on the bus tomorrow what happened. You will be surprised with what my Mom did!

Alison🙌 :
Okay. I'm kinda scared now. Did she go play bingo? Did she buy a dog? Did she actually listen to pop music? I guess I will find out tomorrow. :/

Evie :
Yes you will!

I turned my phone off and plugged my charger in. I sat on my bed, thinking about what happened today. I still don't understand why Mom was wearing black. Maybe it was a joke, I don't know.

Mom came into my room to say goodnight. I noticed that she was wearing a black t-shirt with black leggings as pajamas. She said, "Goodnight, Evie! Yes, I am wearing black again." And she walked out. I rolled my eyes and turned over on my side. I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

I was walking toward this cone shaped thing on an island. I squinted to see better, since everything was foggy. As I walked closer to it, I realized it was a volcano. And it was about to erupt. I knew this because the whole ground was shaking, and the sky was dark.
Suddenly, without warning, the volcano erupted. But lava wasn't coming out of the volcano. A million Pete Wentz's were flying from the volcano into the air. I stared at the sky, perplexed. Then, Patrick Stump jumped from the volcano, screaming over and over again, "Thanks Pete!" One guitar fell on my head, and everything went black.

I woke up, realizing that it was a dream. A crazy dream, in fact. As I looked around my room, I noticed that my clock was on the floor. It read 4:07. I sighed. Now I can't go back to sleep, which means that I will tired and grumpy while my mom is all cheery in the morning.

But who knows, she wears black clothes now.

For some reason, I was daydreaming about having a pet dog. It was a little black Pomeranian, jumping all over me. I rolled around in the grass, trying to get away from this very hyper puppy.

But as I daydreamed, I couldn't help but feel sad. I would never have a dog, or a cat, or anything. All I have is my music and Mom.

I thought about these things as the little dog danced around my room.

**********

I like Pomeranian dogs. They have better hair days than I do.

Thanks for reading!