As I walked down the aisle of the bus, I made sure that no was around Alison and me. I had to tell her about what happened this weekend.

I hope Austin the Pokémon dealer doesn't notice me.

But, of course, he does.

Because that's how life works.

"Hey, Evie? I am really confused about this math problem."

I mentally prepares myself for this. I have had this type of thing with Austin before. I always wondered how he got into the advanced math class.

I saw him waving his hand at me. I walked over and sat down next to him. He looked at me and asked, "Um, how do I find out the answer to this?" He pointed to a question.

I mentally groaned.

Out of all problems, Austin, you chose a decimal one.

I sighed and said, "Well, first, you put the bigger number on top. At least, I think you do. Then, you subtract normally and line the decimal up. After that, you count the decimal places."

As I explained to him how to do the problem, I heard Alison shift in a seat. I looked up and saw her smirking at me. I gave her a puzzled look and returned my attention to decimals.

For five seconds I thought she would leave me alone.

Again, I was wrong.

"Hey, Evie!"

I jerked my head up, giving her a shut up look. She smiled and said, "Are you really sure you are actually working on homework?" I glanced over at Austin. I mentally cheered. He was all into doing the math problem. But everyone else was clapping for us to continue our "homework."

I asked Austin, "Do you get it now?" He nodded.

I quickly ran to Alison's seat and angrily beckoned her to scoot over. She did and I hissed at her, "Why did you do that? You know I don't like Austin!"

She wiggled her eyebrows and asked, "Or do you?" I groaned and leaned back on my seat. I guess I won't be able to tell her about what happened until tomorrow. Since all she is gonna do now is tease me.

**********

As I walked into math class, Alison walked over to me. Her long black hair swished back and forth when she walked, unlike mine. My hair was really blonde, and was cut down to my shoulders. I always compared myself to Alison. Alison is stylish, colorful, and always nice. I am emo, dark, and sometimes sarcastic.

Alison said, "I just remembered that you wanted to tell me something. What was it?"

I glanced at the clock. I have 5 minutes to explain what happened. I turned to Alison and said, "I don't think I can. There is too much to tell you, actually." Alison laughed and said, "Why, did something interesting happen in your life for once?" I nodded.

As I sat down, Mrs. Stevens flounced into the room. She looked at me and said, "Oh wow. Mrs. Evie has her homework." I looked at Alison, hoping she wasn't laughing. She looked at me and shrugged. Everybody was laughing, though. I looked up and Mrs. Stevens, and she was actually laughing. I glared at her and stared down at my desk, hoping she would calm the class down or something. After a couple minutes, she did. But she still asked for my homework.

I handed her my homework. She looked it over and marked some things. When she handed back my paper, I saw a big fat 64 on it. I groaned and shoved it in my math binder. I am never gonna get better at math. Who needs math, anyway? Albert Eistein? Oh wait, he's dead.

I decided to think of other things. I thought about my lesson on Tuesday, and realized that today was Friday. And I have only, like, 3 days to practice.

Will my teacher test me on how I look when I play the piano?
Will they be mean?
Will it be Tyler Joseph who teaches me?
Most likely not.

But I hope so.

**********

Sorry I made this chapter so short.

But thanks for reading!