I stared at the digital clock in the car. It read 3:53. I was so excited, I could jump out of my seat.

Today was Tuesday. The day that I would have my first lesson for piano. I am going to learn so many things! Or will they just do boring stuff? I'm not worried. Mainly because I get to learn music!

I think I'm too excited.

I'm worried about my mom, though. She isn't wearing any black today, out of all days. Of course, I am wearing black high tops, black leggings, and a black shirt.

We had to be at this place called The Studio. Creative, right? It was about 15 minutes away from my house, which I guess isn't that bad.

As the digital clock hit 4:00, I started to actually worry. We were supposed to be here by 4:00! What if my teacher gets mad at me since we are late? What if they won't even let me in?

Mom looked over at me and saw that I was stressing out. She put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Geez, Evie. Calm down. It's only your first day." I nodded.

I climbed out of the car and shut the door. The Studio was pretty packed. As I walked up to the doors, I stopped. Mom walked up behind and asked, "Um, Evie? You know that's the door, right?" I nodded. But I still stood there.

Mom nudged me, asking me, "Evie? You there? Can you open the door?"

But I kinda sorta couldn't open the door.

Because I saw a fedora.

**********

Is this real?

Or is that not a fedora?

By now, Mom was literally pushing me at the door, shouting, "Evie! Do you see a ghost? What is wrong with you? I am going to pick you up and throw you in this building if you don't move!"

I finally turned around. I smiled and said, "Sorry, Mom. I was just daydreaming." She rolled her eyes. I took a shaky breath and opened the door.

Of course, the door had those bells. So everyone in the room knew I came in. They turned to look at me. I stared at them. I didn't even know these people! Do they like my outfit?

Mom nudged me again, and I slowly started to walk to the front of the room. The lady up there smiled and said, "Hello, there! What is your name?" I said, "Evie." She said, "Okay, I am going to lead you to the room where your teacher is. Follow me." I quickly looked around the room, searching for the floating fedora. It wasn't anywhere.

I shrugged it off. I guess I'm going insane.

Or maybe not.

Because I saw another floating fedora in the hallway. I guess many people like fedoras. I reach my hand to my head, and I tug at the brim of my fedora. I smile. I guess I am part of this place already!

As we approach this black door, I saw a sign that says Room #4. My mom nudges me and says, "Hey, that's your lucky number." I almost scream.

The lady that lead us to the door opened it and motioned for me to go in. She smiles and says cheerfully, "Meet Mr. Stump, Mrs. Evie."

**********

Sorry that the chapter was short. I'm sad because I don't have a fedora.

Thanks for reading!