Twenty

Lee Jihoon just wanted a normal and a happy life.

He wanted good grades.

Eat at least three times a day.

And find a normal good paying job once he graduates college.

Yes.

As much as possible he just wanted to blend within the crowd. But ironically, the people around him hinders him from doing so.

First there was Choi Seungcheol, the current Student Council President. The very same person who managed to manipulate him in running for the spot of the Student Council Secretary. Next was Kwon Soonyoung. The very same idiot who beat him on a bet and made him dye his hair pink. The reason to why he was called by the ridiculous nickname 'Pink Fairy of the Student Council'.

And lastly, an underclassman that goes by the name of Kim Mingyu.

Kim Mingyu was rich –as most students in there school– handsome, and a little bit of a klutz.

Jihoon had heard of him even before he met him. He was famous, per se. Together with his best friend Jeon Wonwoo. They had countless of fangirls, some on Jihoon's class and most of the time they spoke about them.

But he never really paid him that much of attention.

It was when the Student Council had to announce the school festival's mechanics in every classroom that Jihoon got Mingyu's attention.

And it still confuses Jihoon up to this point. Well, from the beginning, when they entered the classroom it was Yoon Jeonghan –the vice president– did all the talking. Jihoon merely just stood on the corner and waited for him to finish so that he could add a few more. He failed to see that one of the student completely frooze on his seat and stared at him in awe.

Mingyu had stared at him like he's the most beautiful being in the entire planet.

And when he received a love letter saying to meet him at the rooftop, Jihoon was more than shock to see the owner was no other than Kim Mingyu himself.

He wasn't oriented that the kid was into boys.

Although Jihoon had never felt romantically attracted to any genders, he was so sure that he doesn't swing that way.

He just couldn't understand the concept of love. Much more the concept of 'love at first sight'. So he did what he thought was right, he rejected him (albeit a little too straight forward to people's liking). He was expecting that Mingyu would stop at that point on, so imagine his shock when he saw yet another love letter and a lunch box on his locker the next day.

From there on forward, Jihoon realized that Kim Mingyu doesn't just simply gives up.

And he was quite shameless.

Jihoon heaved another sigh as he saw yet again another lunch box inside his locker. He knew right away that it was from Mingyu. If the stupid sticky note with a 'think of me as you eat this, hyung! I love you! (✿'‿')' doesn't give it away, the love letter with his name on it sure does.

"Woah! Another one?" Soonyoung spoke just beside him. The bastard didn't even hid his amusement as the smaller boy blatantly ignored the letter and the box. Jihoon took his books out and made his way towards the student council room. He didn't even bothered closing his locker shut as he knew Soonyoung would claim the lunchbox for himself.

Jihoon never did try eating the stuffs that Mingyu makes. To him, it's equivalent to accepting the underclassmen's feelings. Call him cold but that's how he is. It was better than giving people false hopes.

"I swear that kid is madly in love with you," Soonyoung grinned while clutching the lunchbox in his chest. Catching up to Jihoon who continued to walk at a fast pace. "What did you feed him anyway?"

"I don't know and I don't care." The pink haired boy scrunched his nose.

"Why so cold, Jihoon-sshi ~? He even made you lunch and you won't even eat it. When will Jihoon-senpai notice Mingyu-kouhai?" Jihoon felt his eyebrow twitch. He was yet again questioning why was he friends with this guy. Ah yes, they were neighbors. And Soonyoung's inability to protect himself from bullies and Jihoon's stupid sense of justice was another reason.

Tsk.

"But you know, I must give that kid some credits. Like he isn't afraid of announcing to the entire world that he's in love with a boy."

No response from Jihoon.

"He doesn't care of what people may say. He's really brave!"

He's just toying with me. Jihoon thought.

"Have you ever thought of giving him a chance? Nobody had gone this far wooing you after all."

Jihoon abruptly stopped on his tracks. Soonyoung nearly bumped on him but Jihoon didn't gave much care about that. What's more important was the fact that Mingyu and Wonwoo was making their way towards them. Jihoon cursed under his breath. The younger boy have not noticed him yet so he did the usual thing that he do. "Hide me!" He half whispered half screamed to Soonyoung.

"But why? I'm sure that kid will be more than delighted to see you!"

Fvck you, Kwon Soonyoung!

"Thank you for being such a good friend." Jihoon hissed as he started sprinting to the opposite direction.

Soonyoung merely gave him a cheeky grin and waved his free hand animatedly.

"No problem, Lee Jihoon!"

Of course he just have to do that.

Mingyu's ears immediately perked up at the name. He wasn't able to finish his sentence as he got a glimpse of a pink hair before it disappeared on some corner.

He'll recognize that pink color wherever he went. And his heart started racing.

"Jihoon Hyung!" He wasted no time and ran to where Jihoon went. Can you blame him? He hasn't seen the boy for two weeks in a row, it was as if the older boy was hiding from him.

"Hyung!" He called again. Jihoon turned left and so as Mingyu. The smaller boy had gotten out of the field. Jihoon was running like his entire life depends on it.

Well, it probably did.

Or something more important.

Aside from being stubborn, let's just say that Mingyu was quite of a perv. Well not much, but still.

His virginity was at stake here. Don't blame him.

"Gotcha!" And he caught up with him. Jihoon cursed the heavens and hell as he felt Mingyu wrapped his extra long limbs around his torso. "Jihoon Hyung! I missed you!" The boy exclaimed and rubbed his cheek against Jihoon's.

Well I didn't. Was what he wanted to say but thought otherwise. He merely just squirmed under his grasp. "Hyung, did you saw the lunchbox that I made? Mom taught me that the other day."

He sighed and slumped on the taller boys chest. Resistance was futile and he hasn't ate yet. He could already feel a headache coming, add to the fact that he had to check some documents out before he leaves the school that day. "I didn't. Soonyoung took it. And please let go of me, people are staring."

Mingyu's grasped of the smaller boy softened at that. Although Jihoon couldn't see it, he knew that Mingyu was wearing this pained expression that made guilt started eating him.

Jihoon sighed and slowly unwrapped Mingyu's arms around him. The shorter boy just shook his head and left without much uttering a word to the taller boy. Who, on the other hand, just watched his back as he slowly disappeared inside the school building.

And there goes another unproductive attempt of Mingyu's plan of wooing Lee Jihoon.

-

Everyday my mornings are boring. Far away, so far away ~ ♪ There's still no development within our relationship. So far away ~ ♪

-

cross posted from Asianfanfics ~