A Midsummer Night's Sweetness

'I adore you.'

Jihoon shook his head for the ninth time that day. He was trying to focus on the document before him but found it hard to do so. Mingyu's words continued to echo on his head. And it was doing something weird to his heart.

'You're just hungry' a part of him said.

It was already three in the afternoon and the only lunch he had was a piece of bread and a small box of fruit milk. A unhealthy habit Jihoon couldn't seem to shake off. Well, the school's Spring Festival was nearing and he had to check whether there's anything suspicious before he present them to Seungcheol.

Jihoon put his pen down. He massage his nape and tried his hardest not to think of Mingyu. The boy was a huge distraction. Ever since their conversation that evening, Mingyu had not only been invading his personal space but also his head. It was strange, like why did that boy suddenly looked so handsome? And when did Jihoon started appreciating a man's physical features?

Well in all honesty, when did he start appreciating a human's physical features?

He was in that position when the door slid open and revealed the President himself. Seugcheol had to blink once when he saw Jihoon sitting on the long table. "Why are you already here?" He asked as he made his way to his usual spot, at the tip of the table, with the vice president and the secretary on both sides.

Jihoon shrugged and resumed checking all the documents. "Classes ended early." He answered to which Seungcheol frowned at. The older boy noticed that he was kind of pale, it was obvious that Jihoon had been over working himself yet again.

Sometimes he wishes Jihoon doesn't work as hard as he do. The boy needs to lay it down a little.

Then he remembered something that happened while making his way to the Student Council room. Seungcheol opened his bag and took something out. He placed it just beside Jihoon, successfully catching his attention.

It was a lunch box.

And Jihoon didn't need to be told who was it from.

"Eat." Seungcheol said.

Jihoon stared at him for a good ten second before his nose was stuck again on the document. "I can't."

Seungcheol frowned and crossed his arms. "Why not?"

The short boy sighed, clearly he doesn't want to talk about this matter to Seungcheol. Or to anyone. So he shook his head and started scribbling something on the document. "No reason."

"Jihoon," The older boy obviously wasn't going to buy that. "Do Mingyu disgust you?"

Jihoon's head shot up at the question. His answer was immediate without any hint of lie on it. "No."

"Then prove it to me," Seungcheol said in a stern voice. "Eat the contents of the box." Jihoon knew that he will not leave him alone unless he gives in to his orders. Although Seungcheol likes to goof around, he can be pretty stubborn once he demands something.

So, even if it's against his judgement, Jihoon reluctantly pushed the documents aside and took the lunch box. The sight that greeted him on the different note made his mouth water.

There were variety of foods on it. A sweet and sour beef, some veggies, fried chicken, kimchi and of course rice. Jihoon's stomach grumbled loudly as he got a whiff of the food.

Seungcheol grinned at how Jihoon turned red. The short boy took the chopsticks and started eating the food up, albeit a little timidly. He took a piece of beef to his mouth and he almost sighed at how delicious it tasted. Next, was the chicken, which was as heavenly as how the beef tasted. And the Kimchi wasn't even spicy.