Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I woke up and literally thought my life was a dream. Because what woke me up was the strumming of guitar strings. I opened my eyes groggily to see Niall, looking as beautiful and angelic as usual. When he saw my eyelids lift, he smiled hugely, but then got sort of a nervous look on his face. Well this is a nice dream, I thought, assuming I was in the state between sleep and wakefulness where you're aware of your surroundings and dream and can almost control it. But then I realized how real everything felt. But it was just so surreal when Niall started singing.

"I threw a wish in the well. Don't ask me, I'll never tell. I looked at you as it fell, and now you're in my way." Aw, this song always made me smile. "Traded my soul for a wish, pennies and dimes for a kiss. I wasn't looking for this, but now you're in my way. Your stare was holding, short-shorts, skin was showing." He smiled and I thought about his edit to the song, remembering how much skin we were both showing that night with the Oreos. Wait- this was a dream, wasn't it...? It had to be... "Hot night, wind was blowing. Where ya think you're going baby?" Four other voiced walked into my room and joined him in the chorus.

"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number." Louis handed me a slip of paper with ten digits on it, which I recognized at Niall's phone number. He winked as I smiled at it, still singing. That was when it hit me: This wasn't a dream. A dream come true, yes, but this was actually happening. "SO CALL ME MAYBE!" Then, all of a sudden, they switched songs and Liam sang alone.

"From the moment I met you, everything changed. I knew I had to get you, whatever the pain." I was wide awake now, awestruck as Harry sang the next line and Niall echoed in his angelic voice.

"I had to take you and make you mine."

"I would walk through the desert, I would walk down the aisle. I would swim over oceans, just to see you smile."

"Whatever it takes is fine." Niall then handed the guitar to Zayn, who set it carefully on the ground as they plunged into the chorus, jumping all around on my bed, making me giggle. Niall sang what Harry would normally sing, like after the bridge.

"Oh oh ooh oh! So put your hands up! Oh oh ooh oh! 'Cause it's a stand up! I won't be leaving, 'til I'm finished stealing every piece of your heart, every piece of your heart!" Niall and I had undisturbed eye contact pretty much the entire time, and that last line made me die, seeing as how he sang it alone, right to me. My heart was doing things I don't even know how to explain. It was like the feeling when your first love tells you they love you for the first time, the first time a boy you adore calls you beautiful, it was something magical that can't be described until you feel it. He was sitting on top of me, but not putting any weight on me. I felt tears of absolute sheer joy threaten to sparkle up in my eyes as I sat up, but I refused to let them fall. I knew I should say something, but I was speechless. What had just happened was so incredibly breath-taking.

"So, uh, Haley..." Niall started, a bright rose color seeping into his cheeks as he stumbled for words. "Do you want to... be, ya know... my girlfriend?" he asked hopefully, his cerulean eyes boring into mine. I was at a loss for words, literally. Say something, idiot! I mentally screamed at myself. The boy you decided to open your heart up to just fucking asked you out!

"Duh," I said with a huge smile, only able to muster up one syllable. I didn't know it was possible to smile that much. And, following the system, Niall let out a sigh of relief and smiled back, tackling me with a hug. I giggled and squeezed him back as the boys let out their cheers and "Aww"s.

"Took you long enough," Louis muttered, making me smile and giggle even more. He had known about the feelings Niall and I had for each other from the very beginning. He probably knew before either of us had. Gahh, this was the best day of my life!

"So," Niall started as we sat cross-legged across from each other on my bed, both smiling like we had won the lottery. Well, actually, this was better than the lottery. I was Niall freaking Horan's girlfriend! "What's the first thing we should do as a couple?" he asked.

"Breakfast," I answered simply. I was starving, and knowing Niall he probably was too. He smiled and agreed, picking me up bridal style. I made a face, but didn't protest. I never wanted to let him go, so I guess I would just have to learn to deal with this. He sat me in my chair at the table, where there were already six plates set out with pancakes and bacon in them.

"We're two steps ahead of you," Zayn said with a smile as the boys took their seats. I smiled back and dove for the maple syrup, drenching my pancakes and bacon.

"Someone's going to be crazy today," Liam commented with a smile, waiting patiently for the syrup. I handed it to him as I flashed him my weirdest smile. I was such a sped.

"The only crazy Haley is is crazy for NIALL!" Louis screamed teasingly. I giggled and Niall and I smiled at each other.

"Very true," I agreed, gazing wonderingly into Niall's perfect blue orbs. They swirled with shades and hues so magical, I truly couldn't believe that he had asked me to be his. He even sang to me! That's like, The Dream! I was so happy with my life; I couldn't even wrap my head around it all. I was so lucky, and I knew it. I was so grateful for my amazing boyfriend, cousin, new friends, and best friend who was moving down the street from me. I honestly don't think life can get any better, I thought with a smile.

"Okay, you can stop smiling at each other and eat now," Harry teased with a playful smirk. I stuck my tongue out and him, but cut a piece of pancake and popped it into my mouth. These pancakes were amazing, and just made my day that much better.

I was thinking of telling Dani right away, but decided to let her know when she got here. Yay for overwhelming your friends! Five more days. I would have to tell Julez and Meggy in five days too, they would definitely tell Dani. Not because they're not trustworthy, it's just that when someone tells any of us "Don't tell anyone," the other three don't count. So I would tell Dani in person, then I would inform the other girls. God, I missed them. I remembered what I had to tell them and just bubbled with joy all over again.

Once we had all finished our breakfast, they boys let Niall and me be alone. "Do you want to go for a walk?" he asked, helping me clean up the syrupy mess. "I know a place I'd love to take you." I looked down at my pajamas, then back up at Niall. He was already dressed in a red polo from Abercrombie and khakis, and looked adorable as always. I looked like a mess.

"Uhm, I should probably get ready first," I said with a smile.

"I think you look beautiful, but if you insist," he agreed. My smile widened and my heart flipped around like a fish out of water. I couldn't imagine how he thought I was beautiful. I headed towards the stairs, but before I could leave the dining room, Niall snaked his arms around my waist from behind and kissed me on the head. I giggled as his husky voice whispered in my ear, "Be free, captive," and he released me. I winked at him and made my way into my room.

I took a quick, yet vigorous shower, and made sure my hair was scrunched perfectly so it hung in elegant springs. I crossed my room to my closet, clad only in the soft towel. I searched it looking for something pretty. I decided on a black sundress with a corset, tiny white polka dots, and scattered pink roses. I loved this dress so much. I rushed to slip on my brown flats and brush on some mascara, and even a bit of top eyeliner, not wanting to keep him waiting any longer. I hopped down the stairs, still high on happiness and love. Wonderful things happen when you open your heart up to love.

I was slightly confused to find him waiting for me at the back door, hand outstretched. But I didn't question him, just took his hand, and smiled at him as he led me through the doors, past the pool, up the sloped field of their backyard, and into the woods that marked the perimeter. I looked up at him curiously, but all he did was smile back at me. Noticing I was having trouble walking through the underbrush in my flats, he slung me onto his back piggy-back style. I feel like Bella Swan. Just happier, I thought with a small giggle. "Where are we going?" I asked, wondering if he even knew where we were.

"You'll see," he said with a mysterious smile, blue eyes sparkling with a new light. The sunlight streamed through the treetops in scattered beams of light, casting breath-taking shadows on the beautiful landscape of his face. I was going to roll my eyes, but instead I just smiled in return. Who could roll their eyes at a moment like that?

"You're lucky I like surprises," I smiled with a wink.

"I'm lucky you like me," he replied without hesitation. This was like putting my heart on a prescription of happy pills. What did I ever do that would make Niall say he was the lucky one in this relationship?

"Sure, you're the lucky one," I replied sarcastically.

"Yes, I am," he responded matter-of-factly. How was I so blessed?

"No, I am," I argued, kissing the top of his blonde head from my perch on his back. We both smiled and he sighed as I gently rested my chin on top of his head.

"Let's just say we're both lucky to have found each other," he compromised.

"Deal," I agreed with a smile. This was such a dream relationship. It just continued to get better as we entered an extraordinary, lush green meadow with a breath-taking pond on the side that glistened in the golden sun. I gasped slightly, awestruck at the gorgeous scenery as he set me gently on the grass and took a seat beside me. "How did you find this place?" I asked in wonderment.

"I was taking a walk one day," he explained. "I just got really upset and needed to get away somehow. So I guess I just decided to storm off into the woods," he laughed humorlessly, and I listened intently as he continued, "I eventually stumbled upon this place, and immediately fell in love with it. I promised myself that when I found my princess, this would be the first place I would bring her." His words warmed my heart, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Why were you so upset?" I asked, my voice full of concern like my heart. When he's upset, I'm upset.

"Nothing important..." he answered dismissively, but his voice was tinged with sadness and I urged him to go on. He sighed and began to explain, "Well, it's just that a lot of people say I shouldn't be in the band. They all say how bad I am at singing, that I bring the other four down, that I'm ugly. I know the last one's true, and sometimes they make me believe the other things are true too. I just- I just couldn't handle it anymore." He was choking on his words, tears sparkling up into his eyes. His words broke my heart; I couldn't stand to see him like that, nor could I believe people would say such things. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso and he buried his face in my shoulder. I felt his warm tear drops roll down my skin as he shook in my arms. I rubbed his back soothingly, attempting to comfort him.

"Niall, you know none of those things are true. Your voice is my absolute favorite sound in the whole world, you are the most beautiful, perfect person I've ever laid my eyes on, and the boys love you, they need you." My voice was shaking, and I knew what I was saying next was the truth. "I need you."

He lifted his face from my shoulder and sniffled, his wet, red-tinged blue eyes looking up into mine. Seeing him cry made me want to cry, myself. But I couldn't, I had to stay strong for Niall. "I think it's clear that I need you, as well," he said. I smiled sadly at him, my arms still wrapped around his waist and his around mine. He smiled back weakly and I kissed him lightly on the nose. He scrunched his face up adorably, making me giggle. "I take back what I said earlier. You're not my princess, you're my angel," he whispered into my neck as he hugged me, send shivers of joy down my spine.

"I'll be anything you need me to be," I swore to him. He looked me in the eyes, looking like a kid in a candy store.

"Even a giraffe?" he asked excitedly, lightening the mood. No more tears were falling, but his eyes were still red and moisture still lay on his cheeks. I wiped away what droplets of salty sorrow were left as I giggled.

"I'll try my best," I said as he smiled at me and clapped his hands.

"Yay! My very own angel-giraffe-captive! A very rare, beautiful creature. Only the luckiest of us stumble upon them," he said in an Australian accent, mimicking a survivor show host's voice. I laughed and mussed his hair, making him scrunch his face up again. "Bad angel-giraffe-captive," he scolded.

"Sorry, master," I apologized, frowning innocently. He smiled and hug-tackled me to the ground, just as he had that morning. We were both laughing like drunk idiots as we rolled around on the ground. He eventually rolled himself off of me and laid beside me as we stared up at the flawless blue sky. Emerald tree branches reached out and scraped the edge of the small section of the atmosphere that was exposed. I sighed, taking in the magical moment. Life really couldn't get any better.

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I stared up at the blue sky, wondering how long the fall was from heaven. It must've been a pretty rough landing for Haley. She was so perfect; I still couldn't believe she had agreed to be mine. And she stayed with me when I fell apart. I was so embarrassed when the tears started forming in my eyes, but as she comforted me, I knew I could cry in front of her. When I was with Haley, I knew I was where I belonged. With all of these wonderful thoughts racing through my mind, I couldn't help but wonder what was going through hers. I turned to face her, and she was smiling up at the sky, looking more peaceful than ever. "What are you thinking right now?" I asked. I was dying to know.

She smiled, not taking her eyes off of the blue blanket that covered the Earth. "You," she answered simply. I watched her perfect, pink lips move as she smiled and spoke that simple, one syllable word. I craved a kiss from them so longingly, but now was not the time. She had never had a kiss that she actually counted, so I wanted it to be special for her. She had also said she wanted to want it, but how would I know if she wanted to kiss me or not? I replayed the scene like a movie of the moment she described her ideal first real kiss to me...

"So you've never had a real kiss?" I asked, astonished. How could a girl that beautiful have never really kissed anyone before? She shook her head and looked down at her lap. God, I hated it when she did that. She was cute when she blushed. "What would your ideal real first kiss be like then?" The words just slipped out. I mean I was dying to know, but I hadn't intended to actually ask. The rose color of her cheeks deepened, making her look even cuter. With her bouncy, perfect curls, skin like porcelain, pink cheeks, and freckled nose she practically looked like a doll. Like a perfect little doll.

"I don't want to dump my cheesy teenage girl fantasies on you," she joked with a smile. I urged her to continue, insisting I didn't mind. I really wanted to know, it could be useful information sometime in the future. She sighed and began to describe her fairytale, movie scene first kiss. "Well, I'd really love for it to be in the rain, in a dark alley. I know most girls would probably say like a sunny beach, or a breezy meadow, but I'm not normal." She smiled and I listened intently. Her vision was different. I liked it. "And I want it to be gentle, not forced or rough. And I want to want it." Well of course I wouldn't force a kiss on her, I knew basic manners. But the way she said it, it seemed like some jerk from her past didn't. I didn't ask, though.

"Well then I'll have to find you an alley," I smiled at her. She smiled back and rolled her beautiful honey-colored eyes.

"You'll have to find me a guy, first," she scoffed. "Good luck with that." I blushed, wishing I could be the guy to give Haley her dream first kiss.

"How about you?" Haley's voice pulled me from my flashback and back into the realm of reality, where she was finally my girlfriend.

"Just flipping through memories of our time together," I answered truthfully with a smile. She closed her eyes and smiled.

"I do that a lot," she admitted. I was glad her eyelids were obscuring her vision so that she couldn't see the huge smile that had spread across my face. I was such sucker for her, and knowing that she thought about me as much as I thought about her practically made my heart smile. I scooted closer and put my arm around her. She responded by laying her head on my chest, eyes still closed. I smiled and closed my eyes as well, orange and red blobs floating across my vision from the sunlight that was streaming down on my eyelids. I was the luckiest person alive; I had the most perfect girl in the entire world in my arms, she was mine, and we were lying in my favorite place in the entire world.

Life truly couldn't get any better.

A/N***

2 CHAPTERS IN 1 DAY!

gahh, he finally asked her out! it only took him 10 chapters ;)

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment and vote!!!(:

I love youuu!

Z.